Need snack advice

Options
Does anyone have any good ideas for snacks? For me when I am craving a snack I feel hungry enough to eat a meal so I need something really filling.

I know immediately most will post something about protein and a trail mix BUT I am allergic to nuts so anything with those is automatically out for me (unfortunate I know, or at least have heard)

So anyway just to be clear on criteria:

filling snack
healthy
no nuts

thanks

Replies

• sthomse5
    sthomse5 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have really been hooked on veggie burgers. One Morning Star Garden Vegetable patty on a bun is 220 calories, I like to add romaine and a little mustard! What calorie range are you looking at?
  • Maximus0005
    Maximus0005 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have really been hooked on veggie burgers. One Morning Star Garden Vegetable patty on a bun is 220 calories, I like to add romaine and a little mustard! What calorie range are you looking at?

I would say in the 200-300 calorie range. Not necessarily for it to be included every day but just for those spur of the moment cravings for something. Also I am kind of looking for something I can have at the office. I don't know much about veggie burgers and if they can be prepared in a microwave.
  • sthomse5
    sthomse5 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was so skeptical about trying them, I don't like the ones that are supposed to taste like meat...but they pure veggie ones are pretty good. You just put them on a paper towel and microwave for like 2 mins. Otherwise pretzels, a cheese wedge and grapes keep me pretty satisfied. Special K cracker chips are flipping amazing, but not too filling. But for 300 calories you can make a sandwich if you use Sara Lee 45 calorie bread!