More filling food options

Options
I have recently been doing well (aside from the 4th of July...ugh) on eating better and i have been losing weight at a pretty good rate. But i have been having trouble recently with my meals and feeling satisfied with my food options. Like today i had a salad for lunch which was my first meal of the day due to sleeping in then had to rush off to work with no set plans or food with me for dinner. I took a few snacks (yogurt and a special K bar) to keep me from starving at work but when i came home i felt like i had to eat something because even though i was not hungry i felt like i had not eaten enough today. I had been right at my calorie goal for today before i came home even a little under but after eating i went over by a good amount.

So it seems like i need to have at least 2 meals a day to feel like i have eaten something but i could use some help in choosing better foods to eat on the go that would help me full fuller.

Also does anyone else have this same kind of feeling of not having eaten enough throughout the day even though you have reached your calorie goal for the day?

Also if my ramblings have confused you i apologize in advance, just ask and ill try to clear things up. haha

Replies

• doubleloop23
    Options
    You should have at least 3 meals each day... eat more protein!
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    I would say- Definitely make sure to eat a lean protein with each meal, and have foods with a lot of fiber. You can add things like cabbage and broccoli to salads to make you feel more full.

Also, planning your meals and calories ahead really helps!

Good luck!
  • Kristi82
    Kristi82 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Make sure you eat more than just twice a day. Starving all day and then eating most of your calories at night is going to make it hard to continue loosing the weight.
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    I agree with Kristi82! This will definitely set you up for failure. Make sure to eat regularly throughout the day or you will go into feast or famine mode.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/59069-my-favorite-quick-meal

This is great if you have a microwave available :flowerforyou: