Exercise ideas with injuries

I need help!! I have an injured shoulder and a broken toe. I have been keeping on track with my diet and doing some walking for exercise but I'm not really losing any weight or inches. I have a goal set that I really want to reach but I am down to 26 days to meet it.

Does anyone have any ideas of exercises I can do that burn a decent amount of calories but won't aggravate my shoulder or my toe? I'm mostly worried about my toe because it was almost healed and then I rebroke it.

All suggestions are welcome!

Replies

• iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    That's a tough one because you have upper and lower body injuries. What kind of shoulder injury to you have? Is it something that you could swim with?
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    I broke 3 toes-3 SEPERATE times last year. Tape them straight and together with popsicles sticks. Wear 2 pairs of well padded sock and a good solid walking shoe and you can still do some brisk walking!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 751 Member
    Exercise bike?
  • colofitguyfm
    colofitguyfm Posts: 63 Member
    Anybody have any ideas for someone that has a sore lower back? I hurt it skiing the bumps.
  • Could you perhaps try a gentle form of Yoga ?
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Spin bike would be great. Better than just a regular exercise bike. I'm recovering from foot surgery and it doesn't bother my foot at all.
  • niciivey
    niciivey Posts: 40 Member
    That's a tough one because you have upper and lower body injuries. What kind of shoulder injury to you have? Is it something that you could swim with?

It is my shoulder blade. I should have been more specific. Sorry. I wish I could swim. That is one of my passions! Thanks for the suggestion!!
  • niciivey
    niciivey Posts: 40 Member
    Could you perhaps try a gentle form of Yoga ?

I can't do anything in yoga involving holding my arms up or out or supporting any of my weight which is almost all of it! :). Yoga is one of my main forms of exercise usually which makes this injury very hard to deal with! Lol
  • Takes more time, but walk, walk, walk. Tape the broken toe, ice it when you get back from your walk. The one thing you may want to consider is up your raw vegetable intake and reduce everything else until you can up your exercise again. Negative calorie whole raw foods are miracle foods.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member

It is my shoulder blade. I should have been more specific. Sorry. I wish I could swim. That is one of my passions! Thanks for the suggestion!!

That's a bummer, swimming is always my go to exercise when I have lower body injuries. I would try a spin class (if your doctor says it's ok). You have to be careful on the bikes though with the broken toe. It can cause some pain when you stand up. The best thing with spin class is that you can go at your own pace. If that is too painful you could try the recumbent bike. Walking is always an option if it doesn't aggravate your toe, but be careful not to overdo it. The last thing you want is to mess up the healing process.
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Could you sit on one of those exercise balls, rotating your waist, etc. There are lots of exercises on line showing how to use it. Sometimes using it to sit at the computer or watch TV can help me with my posture and core.