A good nut/fruit mix?

Options
I'd like to add a great healthy 'trail mix' to my diet, does anyone have a recommendation? I expect the best will be to make it myself but am not sure what the best ingredients should be

Replies

• mamaof4boyz
    Options
    Interested in the reply !!!
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • lovingallofme
    Options
    I sometime buy the already peanut mixture( peanuts, cashew, almonds, walnuts,etc) and I"ll
    add raisins, sunflower seeds, dried pineapples, sometimes dried cranberry.....
  • MariarR33
    Options
    COstco has 2 types of dried fruit and nut mixes that I love. One has cranberries, cherries, blueberries, walnuts, and pistacious. The other has mango's, pears, apples, kiwi, pinapple, and some nuts. There are more fruit there too. The only bad thing is you really have to watch your portion size. A little dried fruit and nuts add up quickly as far as calories go.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I make a homemade trail mix with raisins dry roasted peanuts cashews and just a little bit of m&ms for a little chocolate kick.
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    just pick your favorite dried fruits and nuts and make your own in little snack baggies.

I like to make my own combos with almonds, peanuts, macadamias, cashews, dried sour cherries, dried pineapple and raisins.

I make various combos with the above and make them different calorie counts so I have some options based on what I have left for snacks.
  • horsesandhipbones
    Options
    If you're in the UK, Pret a Manger do nice little bags of fruit and nuts :)
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Buy the stuff and make your own!

raisins, currants, almonds, peanuts, pistactios, chop some apricots, dried apple rings, etc.

The key here is to buy items with nothign added! Many dried fruits have added sugar or cane juice. Many nuts have added salt and oils. Buy the best ingrdients and mix up how you'd like :)
  • LoriPayne
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the good ideas, I definately will try the 'make my own' version.