endocrinologist

Options
Has anyone ever gone to see one? I've been at this plateau for so long I went to see the dr and they are sending me to see one. Not sure what they will do besides take blood.

If you went what did they do and what did they find out?
Thank you!

Replies

• kgraham101
    kgraham101 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My endocrinologist checked my thyroid. He sent me to a radiologist for an ultrasound of my thyroid. He found that I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and put me on a synthroid.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I saw an endo when I was first diagnosed with hypothyroidism. That is probably what they are checking you for. I continued to see one through my three pregnancies because your levels have to be checked often and medication dosages adjusted periodically during and after. Now that our family is complete I have my primary follow me and do blood work every 6 months for her.
  • sloew
    sloew Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    So if this is the case and I have a thyroid or other issues after on the meds is it easier to lose the weight or will it still be harder for me to lose than most people? Even last year when I started I was able to lose but it was seriously burning 3000-4000 calories a week and still only losing .5-1 lb a week.. (at least I was losing but it was rough)