How many calories do you think I am burning...

Options
Doing this....

http://youtu.be/o8PrVk2ZeSE

I am being dead serious. Most of the time the calculator on here says general drumming burns a lot of calories. I would think this burns way more....

Thoughts? I have a 30 minute set every night playing like this....

Replies

• careyharv
    careyharv Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about getting a heart monitor? That is the only way I know for sure on how many calories you burn since it takes into account your height, gender and weight.
  • BrandonDoom
    BrandonDoom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hmmm no actually. Thats a good idea, although I can't really be too tentative to it while I play considering live performance is serious....
  • careyharv
    careyharv Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You wouldn't have to tend to it while your are playing. Just start it before you start playing and then stop it when you are done. I have the Polar FT7 and love it. When I run or lift, I just turn it on and then forget it. At the end of my workout, I look at the calories burned and stop the heart monitor.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I agree. A HRM is a good idea. You're probably burning tons!
  • BrandonDoom
    Options
    I agree. A HRM is a good idea. You're probably burning tons!

Did you watch it? Yea I am always gassed when I play that stuff haha
  • BrandonDoom
    Options
    You wouldn't have to tend to it while your are playing. Just start it before you start playing and then stop it when you are done. I have the Polar FT7 and love it. When I run or lift, I just turn it on and then forget it. At the end of my workout, I look at the calories burned and stop the heart monitor.

Oh wow Thank you I will absolutely look into that!

Well can you message me with a link actually?
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options

Oh wow Thank you I will absolutely look into that!

Well can you message me with a link actually?

I have the Polar FT4. Look on Amazon. That's where I got mine. Or Ebay.
  • BrandonDoom
    Options
    Right on thanks!
  • PNOIZE
    PNOIZE Posts: 44
    Options
    if you have a BIG 5 sporting good in your area, you can pick a HRM for $20.00