Supplementation: BCAA

Options
I live in a very small East Texas town and the nearest "health store per se" is 40 minutes away and it's GNC. Does anyone reading this frequent GNC? I went to their website and there are two prices on every product. GNC Gold price and regular price. I presume you have to pay a membership?

Do you order your supplements online?

Replies

• Tlively13
    Tlively13 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yes, you have to buy a gold card membership the get the lowest price..
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    iHerb.com has a lot of good, natural supplements for a reasonable price. I've used them a few times. I like them better than Vitamin World or GNC.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    You can find much better deals online than you can at GNC.

Why are you talking BCAA?
  • twinsmom903
    Options
    @Uponthisrock... I'm talking BCAA because I was told it will help repair while working out. I'm lifting 4 days per week and some are to failure. Was told that BCAA's will help with the post workout repair.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    @Uponthisrock... I'm talking BCAA because I was told it will help repair while working out. I'm lifting 4 days per week and some are to failure. Was told that BCAA's will help with the post workout repair.

If you're getting adequate protein already, BCAA's won't do Jack Squat. They're useful for fasted training (ie LeanGains), but that's about it.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

If you're getting adequate protein already, BCAA's won't do Jack Squat. They're useful for fasted training (ie LeanGains), but that's about it.

^^^this
  • neversettle
    neversettle Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    i order my supplements off bodybuilding.com
    a fraction of the price that GNC charges.
  • twinsmom903
    Options
    I most definitely am getting enough protein each day. I was wondering why I keep getting told to take BCAA's. My protein is on track, complex carbs, (check), adequate EVERYTHING.... Taking flaxseed in the a.m. and fish oil caps also... so I'm glad someone clarified it for me.

Thank you very much :)
    Melissa
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Got mine at Walmart. I also practice Intermitent fasting.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    The only reason you would need BCAA supplementation is if you are training fasted.
  • s_dye
    s_dye Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yanicka and Melissa,
    I'm curious - are you taking tabs or powder?
    I'm doing some research and getting ready to start an IF program.
    Thanks
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I know you didn't ask me but: I take mine in a powder/flake form, dissolved in about 20 oz of water along with a Propel Zero calorie flavoring.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Yanicka and Melissa,
    I'm curious - are you taking tabs or powder?
    I'm doing some research and getting ready to start an IF program.
    Thanks

Pills (a freaking load of them. 4 before and 4 after training)