Zumba....SO ADDICTING!

Options
I just want to know what everyone's favorite Zumba DVD is and why? I feel like I'm stuck doing the same one just because I know it and like it, but would love to change it up...Thank you much :)

Replies

• runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Zumba but am curious as to what kind of responses you get!
  • cindyrey
    Options
    I LOVE THE RIPPED. I FEEL IT IN EVERY MUSCLE.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I've heard so many good things about Zumba! I'm thinking about getting the workout for the Wii. Wonder if there are any better choices?
  • Tomlinson12
    Options
    I have not ever done Zumba and I am definitely one of the most uncoordinated people ever when it comes to dancing! I was just wondering if anyone has done it on Kinect and liked it? I cannot imagine embarrassing myself in a class! I just started to really get into losing weight for my wedding and need any pointers! Thank you
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The DVDs are great (a friend of mine has them so I don't own them to say more than that), and I have no clue what it's like for the Wii, but you aren't going to be able to beat an actual class. With the class you have more variety. More variety = different muscle groups worked = body doesn't get bored.

As an instructor, I absolutely advise everyone who has an interest to give it a try. Seasoned dancers and those who aren't will get a great workout. The idea is to just keep moving and have fun! The more you do a routine, the more you'll become comfortable with it and the more calories you'll burn!

When it comes to being embarrassed, just keep in mind that most people are just as concerned about their own moves as you are with yours. It's hard to watch everyone and focus on what you're doing at the same time. Give it a try!
  • leanne056
    Options
    I love it!! It's so much fun and addicting!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I want the DVDs so bad! I go to a class at least once a week and love, love LOVE it!
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    CLASS! I love doing zumba class.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba fitness on wii and go to curves zumba circuit 2x a week and absolutely love it. It is so addicting. If you love reggaeton and salsa or anything Latin you are gonna love ZUMBA.
  • lannna17
    Options
    zumba is amazing!! I have never been a dancer, nooot even close! So when I first started going to the classes I figured I'd be awful and it would just be embarrassing, but honestly once you get there and just relax and do it you realize that everyone is in the same boat and no one even has time to look at you. Everyone is laughing and just trying to keep moving so I promise, if someone is watching you then they aren't doing it right themselves.... try it, you just might surprise yourself! I know I did, and now I love dancing!
  • nikkir1072
    nikkir1072 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba Rush for Kinect and LOVE it!! It's so much fun and you burn tons of calories. Definitely buy it if you're thinking about it.
  • tnvolsfan74
    tnvolsfan74 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the Zumba Live (from the older DVDs - I don't have the new ones), but live classes are fun too, I rarely get to go to one because of scheduling conflicts. Recently, I purchased the Zumba Fitness 2 for the Wii and really like it. I find it more challenging than my DVDs - maybe because the steps are new and I struggle to keep up because of that. However, I do enjoy it and the music on the game is great!
  • Annette8479
    Annette8479 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I cannot stick to DVDs or even the Wii version because I get sooooooo bored. But, I HAVE been sticking to the group classes. Now those are VERY addicting. I have NEVER been able to regularly exercise - I just HATE it. But Zumba I actually look forward too. I have been going to several locations of a gym chain in my city just to attend a Zumba class 5-6 times a week for the past 8 weeks or so. Regularly! The first few times, yes, you may be running around in circles trying to keep up. But no one judges or cares AT ALL! That's just silly. But after a few weeks you will be comfortable and fit right in. Just lasy week a woman confessed to me that she watches and follows me instead of the instructor.
  • Annette8479
    Annette8479 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I cannot stick to DVDs or even the Wii version because I get sooooooo bored. But, I HAVE been sticking to the group classes. Now those are VERY addicting. I have NEVER been able to regularly exercise - I just HATE it. But Zumba I actually look forward too. I have been going to several locations of a gym chain in my city just to attend a Zumba class 5-6 times a week for the past 8 weeks or so. Regularly! The first few times, yes, you may be running around in circles trying to keep up. But no one judges or cares AT ALL! That's just silly. But after a few weeks you will be comfortable and fit right in. Just lasy week a woman confessed to me that she watches and follows me instead of the instructor.
  • melb2003
    melb2003 Posts: 198
    Options
    I actually just did Zumba for the first time after hearing my friends talk about the classes. I got the Wii game - Zumba 2, with the belt so I don't have to hold the controller.....LOVE IT!!!! I'm too shy to try the classes and I figure if I get the game, I can do it anyways. I only did it for 15 minutes on my break, and since it keeps track of my calories I burned for me, I burned over 200 calories. :smile: The weirdest part is that I walk uphill on a regular basis (about 15 miles a week), and after 15 minutes of Zumba, my legs were killing me...but I loved it anyways.