under my calories all time and hungry

Options
hi i just had a baby 4 mths ago and have lost all the baby weight i down to 134 i would love to maintain 130 i work out 6 days a week for about 30 minutes, and eat under 1200 calories aday. i was wondering if eating below my caloric goals will put my body on starvation mode and stall my weightloss goals? btw i am 27 and 5 ft 2 1/2 inches.. athletic/curvy build?

Replies

• IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    YES! If you're working out AND trying to maintain, my guess is that you should be eating closer to 13-1400 at least. If you are hungry, EAT! :)
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    hi i just had a baby 4 mths ago and have lost all the baby weight i down to 134 i would love to maintain 130 i work out 6 days a week for about 30 minutes, and eat under 1200 calories aday. i was wondering if eating below my caloric goals will put my body on starvation mode and stall my weightloss goals? btw i am 27 and 5 ft 2 1/2 inches.. athletic/curvy build?

EAT.
  • Novikay
    Options
    YES! If you're working out AND trying to maintain, my guess is that you should be eating closer to 13-1400 at least. If you are hungry, EAT! :)

agreed! eat more in maintenance mode. And if you are hungry, eat! I think 1200 is the minimum of what you should be eating, even when trying to lose weight, so you are good to eat more!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    1200 is the minimum you should eat unless supervised by a doctor. If you are burning cals through exercise you are supposed to eat those back. Why are you eating below what MFP recommends?
  • SheilaParker
    SheilaParker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Eating too few calories will send your body into starvation mode. It is usually recommended that you not eat less than 1200 calories because your body won't be getting the nutrients that it needs.
  • giag09
    giag09 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    i am eating below because i thought the calories set are the max so below would be better and above would make me gain weight.... i used to be 209 lbs and when i was 17 i decided to lead a healthy lifestyle and went down to 135 lbs i have been able to maintain this weight for 10 yrs and a husband and 2 babies later.. i am terrified to gain weight or lose control of my weight so i am kind of obsseive about it...
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    You need to eat all of them because MFP already has it set up for a deficit.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    EAT! The site has already given you a deficit and a rather large one most likely if you are set at 1,200. Find out what your BMR is and eat that. More than 1,200 for sure.

You aren't eating enough if you aren't eating at least your BMR in my opinion. Also, your diary isn't open so we can't comment on what you are eating that may cause you to be hungry.
  • stacenee14
    Options
    i am eating below because i thought the calories set are the max so below would be better and above would make me gain weight.... i used to be 209 lbs and when i was 17 i decided to lead a healthy lifestyle and went down to 135 lbs i have been able to maintain this weight for 10 yrs and a husband and 2 babies later.. i am terrified to gain weight or lose control of my weight so i am kind of obsseive about it...

I have the same mind set as you! My intake is set at 1200 as well and I try to keep it below because I feel that I am doing better when I am below that number. So this is not the right thing to do?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    under my calories all time and hungry
    The answer seems obvious...
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Eat. You had a baby and your body need fuel to recover and heal. You also need fuel to keep up with 2 kids. If you are BF you also need more calories.