Any Americans living abroad?

Options
Hi,

I'm an American living in Europe trying to lose 40 pounds. It's been pretty easy to maintain here since I walk everywhere, but my eating habits are catching up to me! Anyone in the same boat that wants/can offer support? I'm new here (even though it says I joined March 2011, I've just started using the site). Looking to make new friends!

Replies

• BriLeimbach
    Options
    Hello!

I am from the Seattle Washington area, but am living in Bavaria Germany. I am trying to lose another 15 or so pounds. Do you workout to supplement the diet??
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yes I do, I did 10 days of the 30 day shred (which was nice, but I didn't lose a single pound!) and now I'm getting started on p90x. I'm pretty much limited to workout videos and things I can do in my house since there are no gyms and running outside is not an option in this weather! What about you?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I don't live abroad, but I travel a lot, domestic and internationally. As such, I spend anywhere from 40 - 60% of my time outside the US. We have main offices in Calgary, London, and Kuala Lumpur. And smaller offices in Pointe Noir, Erbil, Singapore, Jakarta and Perth. Nice to meet y'all!
  • TXMOMMY2010
    Options
    I'm an American and living in Japan, my husband is Active Duty Air Force. Ready to come back home! We've been here 3 years, still have about 9 months left here.
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I am the opposite, a European (from France) living in the US. I moved here 14 years ago (through a 4-year passage in Canada)

I took 75 lbs since I moved in North America :(

Been able to walk everywhere is really a problem when you live in a small town here
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    American in South Korea here. My husband is AD Army. We've been here for 2 years 9 months and have just a few more months until we're HOME FREE! Although I do have to admit that I've loved our time here and am grateful to have had the opportunity to live over here in a country that I otherwise would have never visited.