Attention LONG TERM MFP'ers

Options
Have you been on MFP for a while now, let's say 3+ months...
At the end of the day when you finish out your diary and it tells you "You could weigh XXX in 5 weeks*"
Has anyone seen any accuracy in this? Share with me your experience!

Replies

• JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Yes I have. I have been with MFP for over a year. If you log a normal day and stick with it. The 5 week prediction is pretty accurate. One thing I did, is after a normal day I took that weight and set a calendar reminder for my weigh in day, 5 weeks later. I was a pound less than it predicted!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    No because no two days are ever the same.
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It's never been accurate for me, but then again I never really paid too much attention to it.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I've never found it accurate ... but I like looking at the numbers it likes to spit out.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Not accurate but it is a nice motivator. If I have a total blowout day it's nice to have it tell me that if I keep eating badly I'll get fat again.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    YES! I have taken that estimate on a normal deficit day and plugged it into the 'notes' section 5 weeks away. When I stuck to about the same diet, calories, exercise, with my normal rest days, etc, 5 weeks later I was within .2lb I think from what it said.

It is just an estimate though, saying a deficit of X multiplied by these many days, divided by 3500cal per pound would put you at xyz weight. Just another tool for measurement or goal setting, just like the scale.
  • meycay
    meycay Posts: 29
    Options
    Yes I have. I have been with MFP for over a year. If you log a normal day and stick with it. The 5 week prediction is pretty accurate. One thing I did, is after a normal day I took that weight and set a calendar reminder for my weigh in day, 5 weeks later. I was a pound less than it predicted!

I've been doing this actually. I'm pretty new on here (in my 2nd month) but I've set reminders on my calendar on my phone. We'll see.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

^^Yep^^
  • Mellocare
    Mellocare Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    No because my days vary so much, lol.
    But it's always rewarding to me to see it tell me how much I will be in 5 weeks. It makes me feel like I'm doing something right! :)
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    YES! I have taken that estimate on a normal deficit day and plugged it into the 'notes' section 5 weeks away. When I stuck to about the same diet, calories, exercise, with my normal rest days, etc, 5 weeks later I was within .2lb I think from what it said.

It is just an estimate though, saying a deficit of X multiplied by these many days, divided by 3500cal per pound would put you at xyz weight. Just another tool for measurement or goal setting, just like the scale.

I think I will start doing this!!
  • sparrow747
    Options
    I lost 51 lbs in 52 weeks on MFP with my settings at 1 lb. / wk. loss. It works!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    If everyday were the same it'd be accurate, it's an approximate.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    That number is just an extrapolation of the calorie deficit for a single day. The deficit is usually not the same every day and so many other factors contribute to the number on the scale, I just ignore it.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options

Snap, sometimes it tells me I will be 125lbs in 5 weeks, sometimes 130lbs in 5 weeks

I don't really take it into consideration
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options

This ^
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    There are some people it is acurate for but not me. I still like it though.