Wedding diet!

Options
Hey all!

I've come back to MFP as of yesterday with a goal of shifting 30lbs before my big day in July! I have a stunning dress and I want to look ultra slim and stunning in it :D

Any fellow summer brides on here that want to buddy up and spur each other on?

Feel free to add me!

Lx

Replies

• brittnelauren
    Options
    Hi,
    I am starting a wedding diet too, my date is July 21st and I am looking to loose about 25 before then. Not sure how to add someone but feel free to add me. Thanks!!

Brittney
  • ViolaEverAfter
    ViolaEverAfter Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes!! My fiance and I just got engaged 2 weeks before Christmas. We're looking to get married December 2013 and I want to lose 70lbs by January 2013!!!!!
  • cls09
    cls09 Posts: 38
    Options
    I am getting married November of this year and am looking to drop a lot of weight! We are taking our engagement pictures early April so I would like to lose 40 pounds by then, which may not seem realistic but I am going to try my best! Feel free to add me! -Courtney
  • kimberlygo
    Options
    I'm getting married in May. I lost about 45 lbs since I got engaged last January, but I'm struggling to maintain the loss, so I could definitely use some support. I go for my first dress fitting on 1/28!
  • skinnnybride
    Options
    June 23, 2012 is when I'm getting married...I'm trying to lose 30 pounds.
  • mtaylor404
    mtaylor404 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Same here! I need to loose about 15 by August 4!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    congratulations on the wedding and good luck!
  • melissashort311
    Options
    I am getting married June 30. In the past, I've done a great job of just "hitting the gym" and getting the results that I wanted. Now I'm feeling like it is crunch time and think this is a great way to support others and get some support myself! We can do it :bigsmile:
  • jcarn09
    Options
    Congratulations and Good luck you to All!!

I'm sure you will all look fabulous no matter what but I am here to lose that last 15lbs by September 2012. I already have my dress but its a little tight so here's to a new year and a wonderful year of weddings!!

xo
  • June1bride
    Options
    Congrats girls!!! Im getting married in May and i have lost 30 pounds, now I just need to maintain :) feel free to add me girls!!!! I love wedding buddies :) xxoo
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hey girls, congrats to all. My wedding is July 14, 2012 and I have about 5 more pounds to lose to hit my 20 pound mark. Feel free to add me.
  • aisth00j
    aisth00j Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I have lost 17 pounds so far over the last year, it took all of 2011 to lose on 1400 cals net per day. I am getting married in July this year and really want to shift the last 7 pounds to get to my goal.
    I have 10 weeks until my final dress fitting in May and I am really struggling to lose. Ive gone down to 1300 cals per day net. Is anyone else finding this a struggle?

I think I may need to put some of my social life on hold to really try and nail it before then. I have also had to travel with work Jan and feb for a week and gained weight and may again in March which is setting me back with gaining each time..

Feel really motivated to lose this last half stone but trying not to stress myself out about it.
  • tizmelou
    Options
    Hi All I'm getting Married in September this year and have at least a stone to lose as I've bought my dress and its too small so all help and motivation needed here in Bristol uk if you want to add me!

thanks
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I"m getting married August 10, 2013, it's a little far away but the sooner I get myself in the healthy habit, the better! Anyone feel free to add me, together we can do this!!
  • lionlady01
    lionlady01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats to All that is about to get Marred. My daughter is getting married September 22, 2012. I am the mother of the bride and I need to loss about 20 lbs. before that special day for my one and only child. Need all the help I can get.
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all of you!

One word of caution- make sure you are not losing too much weight to still fit into your dress- I know someone who lost 30 lbs in between when she bought her dress and the wedding- 2 weeks before they could not even alter it to make it look right because she had lost so much and she had to go buy another dress of the rack somewhere-

HAVE A GREAT WEDDING ALL OF YOU!!!!
  • madgab33
    Options
    I'm getting hitched June 23, 2012. I'd like to lose 15 pounds before the big day and actually keep it off after, that seems to be the hard part for me! I keep telling myself 'I have time to start this' but really, 3.5 months away... I should get on this now. Doh!

Good luck ladies and congrats!!!
  • Magenashley928
    Magenashley928 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im getting married in 18 days!!!! :) i have lost about 20lbs since august! im really wanting to maintain but if i could loose 3 to 5lbs before the wedding i wouldnt complain? any suggestions for a couples pounds weight loss in 18 days?? and congrats to everybody who is getting married!