Homemade pasties!!

Options
Had a homemade pasty at my parents house this evening and feel so full and bloated as been eating healthily for a few weeks now! Hope I dont put much weight on x

Replies

• DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Um... did you mean pastries?
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    not what I had expected.. lol
  • FireTigerSoul
    FireTigerSoul Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Mmm...now I want a veggie pasty. :)
  • hctucker69
    hctucker69 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No a pasty, so pastry then inside potato, onion, parsley and some beef but didnt eat much of the beef!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    hctucker means this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasty
  • krueandliz
    krueandliz Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Pasties are a British food eaten with your hands. Think of homemade Hot Pocket but a million times better. I miss living in England.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    false advertising, I was expecting to see pictures a la Janet Jackson.
  • hctucker69
    Options
    I was good all day but they are around 750 calories :(
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I knew what the OP meant but my mind went there anyways. Picture boobie pasties made out of toast that has been cut out with a heart shaped cookie cutter....or a star.
  • nikbolok
    nikbolok Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i usually see these when I'm up in the UP..... I haven't come across a veggie one yet, so if anyone knows of them let me know! My man and I are veggie and I would love to try this.
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You can make them yourself and they're not too bad.
    http://kimmerfits.blogspot.com/2012/02/recipe-review-pasties.html
  • shirerose
    shirerose Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    all of you confused people clearly did not read/watch harry potter :P
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    lol thats what i was thinking!
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha!!!! I too thought it was pastie...and since I'm a huge burlesque fan I figured I would check out what ya came up with. :) They are super easy to make!!!!!!!
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    For the inevitable US/British English confusion:

US definition of a pasty - a small fabric or plastic circle that goes over the nipple - either to conceal it beneath clothing when not wearing a bra, or as an exhibition piece. Not for eating. Or maybe, if you're lucky/adventurous....

Brit/Aussie/otherwise post-colonial definition: a flaky pastry shell with vegetable and meat filling - like a calzone made from puff pastry.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    ...oh...thought you were gonna explain how to make homemade pasties. darn!
  • hctucker69
    Options
    well they were home made by my mum lol
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I knew what the OP meant but my mind went there anyways. Picture boobie pasties made out of toast that has been cut out with a heart shaped cookie cutter....or a star.

Oh man, I am fully cracking up out loud over reading this! I was laughing so hard my 5 year old son keeps saying, "What is it mommy? What's so funny that you read??"
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    For the inevitable US/British English confusion:

US definition of a pasty - a small fabric or plastic circle that goes over the nipple - either to conceal it beneath clothing when not wearing a bra, or as an exhibition piece. Not for eating. Or maybe, if you're lucky/adventurous....

Brit/Aussie/otherwise post-colonial definition: a flaky pastry shell with vegetable and meat filling - like a calzone made from puff pastry.

Yeah, I knew what it was, but still thought "don't you just call those stickers?" anyway. Now having the two definitions side by side I'm imagining pasty pasties
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha!!!! I too thought it was pastie...and since I'm a huge burlesque fan I figured I would check out what ya came up with. :) They are super easy to make!!!!!!!

Ahhh... the differences between the King's English and the colonies!!