GAINING & GAINING WHAT THE HECK?

Options
So I have not been going over my calories for the most part, at least not any more then usual (and I've been loosing at an acceptable pace for myself) but I went from 195 back up to 201:mad: ! I can understand 3 pounds due to bloat or other issues, but what the heck:cry: ? I even started working out an extra half hour on cardio to burn a minimum of 1000 calories :frown: (according to the machine) per day and still continue to gain:explode: . I've not changed up my meals very much and have tried switching up my intensity and work out times. I can't think of any reason I keep gaining?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I don't feel like giving up or anything:wink: , but I think if I know some reasons this can happen when I've not been over eating then I can better prepare myself later on down the road (I got a long road ahead of me!) Thank you MFPFriends!

Replies

• anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    What are you eating and how is sour sodium intake?
  • sydenham24
    sydenham24 Posts: 33
    Options
    well, i am pretty impressed that you lost 35 pounds in the first place! Bravo.
    Sounds like you know how to lose weight, so just keep up the good work.:wink:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Oh yes most definetaly . check your sodium intake thats plays a major role , Its probaly water weight, My advice is for you is to add pure lemon juice to your water, It makes you urinate more frequently and it is also good for your metabolism,It works great, Ive tried it on tom last friday and it flush my bloatness and i still lost 1.2 lbs on tom, thats great try that and let me know how it goes.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Oh yes most definetaly . check your sodium intake thats plays a major role , Its probaly water weight, My advice is for you is to add pure lemon juice to your water, It makes you urinate more frequently and it is also good for your metabolism,It works great, Ive tried it on tom last friday and it flush my bloatness and i still lost 1.2 lbs on tom, thats great try that and let me know how it goes.
    Good idea! Im dealing with TOM right now and it makes my belly look pregnant because I bloat so much!:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: I will try this for sure......hopefully it will help a little:):smile:
  • MRSWESSON
    MRSWESSON Posts: 107
    Options
    I will try the Lemon Juice:happy: . I eat mostly Chicken Breast, Veggies, Fibers and not enough fruit by far :blushing: but went and got some last night to work on that. I have Skim Milk and other Dairy very sparingly mostly only with Cereal. Someone said it could be the weather :ohwell: idk about that but if it's true I will take it.

Thank you for all your feedback and support! I am trying to catch the cause before discouragement sets in!:angry:
  • MRSWESSON
    Options

OK I'm so lame but what is TOM?
  • MRSWESSON
    Options
    well, i am pretty impressed that you lost 35 pounds in the first place! Bravo.
    Sounds like you know how to lose weight, so just keep up the good work.:wink:

Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • rachmj526
    rachmj526 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    tom = time of month

it can take a while to learn all the abbreviations!

:smile:

hmmm...wonder where my ticker is...?
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but looking at your food diary, you are not eating enough. Some days you aren't even getting the 1200 recommended for people who do no exercise, and then you pile a ton of exercise onto that. So unless you are not logging all your food, I say eat more good food. I know there is alot of back and forth on this site about whether you should eat your exercise calories, but I think your body is telling you something. What worked before when you had more to lose might not work anymore as you get closing to your goals.

Congrats on your fantastic progress this far!