2nd week and still no loss!

Options
I need help, I'm getting so fed up. I'm using a portion plate, mfp and also exercising and I still haven't lost (My profile says I've lost 7lb but thats wrong due to different scales)

I've now tried ww, diet pills, sw and now this and I cannot shift a lb from 11 bloody 7! Please help...I need some ideas x

Replies

• alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    The only thing that works for me is counting calories. That way I know exactly what is going into my body and what I'm burning by exercising.

Have you measured? Have you taken your before photos? I was disappointed too because the scales weren't moving for a while. I was so glad I had measured because I lost 5.5 inches in my waist and hips in 30 days. I have dropped a pants size as well.

My advice - stick with it, count your calories, drink your water and measure yourself.

Good Luck!!
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    i found in the beginning when i weighed or measured every bite of food i consumed, i was losing weight. When i started guessing at the portions, i started gaining again. Are you exercising? Drinking water? Watching your macronutrients?
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Portion plate? That's worthless. You need to know if you undereating or overeating. Both can lead to a plateau.
    You need to buy a kitchen scale and measure every single bite. Track your calories. If you exercise, you need to eat some of those calories back. Yes, you need to eat to lose weight. you body needs fuel. Don't starve yourself.
  • jode1983
    Options
    Hi thanks for the advice!

I use the portion plate to stop myself piling it with crap like sauces etc. I do measure everything I put on there too though. I'm counting everything that passes my lips, drinking 8 glasses of water and doing the 30 day shred, plus I'm busy on my feet in a school and with 2 young boys. I have taken before shots and measure but I havent checked them x