Zombies, Run! opinions!

Options
Has anyone tried out the new iPhone App, Zombies, Run! ? https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

I just went out for a run with it and I LOVE it!! Especially when you have the option "zombie chase" on. When zombies are chasing after you, there is a beep. The slower the interval of beeps, the further away they are. But if you slow down, the beeps come on faster and then the zombies are closer. It's pretty cool!

What I really would like is for them to log my distance, pace, and calories. But they say that's "Coming Soon" and they're going to integrate it with RunKeeper. I think tomorrow I'll try to have both Runkeeper and this running and see how it goes. But I really like it! The story is super interesting!

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    WHAT?? WANT!!
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have not heard of this! But I'm going to have to give it a try. That sounds fun. :)
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    My buddy sent me a link about this.. I must have it.
  • rodrigo1188
    Options
    how much is it?
  • rodrigo1188
    Options
    all+_f34aac1c71908d337a654b06102f38bd.jpg
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    It's 8 bucks and it's amazing! It's a lot of fun. You pretty much just do missions and run from zombies!
  • ashhills
    ashhills Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    All I can see are dollar signs! This company is ingenius. They are taking the idea that Wii started with combining games and exercise to the extreme! Awesome
  • beckieleigh23
    beckieleigh23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, that sounds like so much fun!! I wish I had an iphone and not an android :( Gr.
  • nnylee
    Options
    Wow, that sounds like so much fun!! I wish I had an iphone and not an android :( Gr.

It is coming out for android in May though!! :D
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im taking these suckers with me on the NYC mara FOR SURE! beep beepbeep BEEPBEEPBEEP!
  • matrim68
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that. I cant wait to try it out on my next run day. It sounds amazing!!!
  • wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    There is a free Android zombie run app.
    Not sure if it is the same.
    Looks like you enter the density of zombie, the speed of the zombies and it has a map.
    So it may be.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    WANT!

Damn my useless Blackberry.
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    I saw the video about it. It sounds pretty awesome but I don't run.
  • jillyt85
    jillyt85 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I LOVE zombie movies and shows...LOVE! But there is no way I could use that app. I'd wind up having a heart attack from fear before anything. I used to work out at my apartment gym and on the way back up to my apartment, I'd play mind games with myself (not on purpose). I'd tell myself if I didn't get back inside my home with the door shut before the song was finished, I was going to be attacked by zombies. I hated that I did that to myself and it would scare the absolute crap out of me. I do this at night when I have to get up to pee too. I tell myself if I'm not back in bed in a certain amount of seconds, a zombie is going to grab me. I actually wish I hadn't read this right now because I'm home alone and freaking out now.
  • nnylee
    Options
    There is a free Android zombie run app.
    Not sure if it is the same.
    Looks like you enter the density of zombie, the speed of the zombies and it has a map.
    So it may be.

Definitely isn't the same~! It's called "Zombies, Run!" not to be confused with others.
  • nnylee
    Options
    I saw the video about it. It sounds pretty awesome but I don't run.

I didn't run either, but then I did. Hahaha.
  • matrim68
    matrim68 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that. I cant wait to try it out on my next run day. It sounds amazing!!!

So I tried it out this morning and it was so much fun. Its pretty immersive and can be a great distraction from a typical run. I give it 10/10
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Oh sweet! Now I have no excuses to not get a smartphone!