SUPP!!? NEW HERE!

Options
:smile: HEY WHATS UP EVERYBODY!! IM RUBEN 21 YEARS OLD FROM HOUSTON TEXAS. STARTED WORKING OUT ON JANUARY 02, 2012 STARTING WEIGHT WAS 198 LBS. HORRIBLEE!! IM 5'9'' AND FOR A PERSON MY HEIGHT I SHOULD BE LIKE BETWEEN 165-175
ANYWAYS EVERY MONTH I'LL BE WEIGHING MYSELF EVERY LAST SATURDAY OF THE MONTH AND TAKING A PICTURE OF MYSELF
SADLY THIS MONTH ON THE 25TH I ONLY LOST 7 POUNDS. I WAS AT 191 ON FEB 25. 2012
I SHOULDN'T BE MAD SINCE I HAVE BEEN LIFTING WEIGHTS AND IM SURE I HAVE GAINED MUSCLE WEIGHT BECAUSE I CAN TELL. LOL.
SO I WANT TO LOSE 20 LBS BEFORE APRIL 19 WHICH IS MY 22ND BIRTHDAY.
WHAT I NEED TO DO IS MORE AND MORE CARDIO AND WHEN I LIFT WEIGHTS IS WITH LESS WEIGHT AND MORE REPS.!
SO JUST WANTED SOME INSPIRATION STORIES FROM PEOPLE AND WELL IM INTRODUCING MYSELF...I RECENTLY STARTED DOING ZUMBA AND IS AWESOME U CAN BURN UP TO 1000 CALS IN ONE HOUR. ITS AWESOME! WELL THANKS FOR READING AND WOULD LOVE TO GET SOME FRIENDS ON THIS. HAHA. LATERSSSSS S!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Caps_Lock.jpg
  • LWriter
    Options
    Welcome. Sorry for the d!cks you have encountered and will continue to encounter. Good luck!
  • coke281
    Options
    :tongue: THANKS!! IM SURE ITS NOT EVEN THEM IN THE PHOTO..HAHA..I DONT PUT UP WITH NEGATIVITY....SO ITS COOL!! CANT STOP ME
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    xzibit_meme_7219_RE_Wtf_am_i_reading-s510x334-157605-580.jpg
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-1.png
  • coke281
    Options
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KEEP EM COMING !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KEEP EM COMING !!!!!!!!!!!!

Just make sure you get pink dumbbells while you're doing your low weight high rep workout or you'll bulk up too much
  • coke281
    Options
    good one!!! I'll let the people at 24 to get em in PINK! hahaha...
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Fat-Guy-with-Pink-Dumbbell.jpg
  • xxsam_mcaleerxx
    Options
    helllo!! im new here too, and also wanna lose weight for my bday- my 21st- which is also in April!
    Good luck with ur weight loss!!! :)
  • Mellymel46
    Options
    Just wanted to let you know this site is sooo cool. You will encounter some great people here. Stay Encouraged!!!!! Btw Zumba is the stuff. I love it. Started about 3 weeks ago. Such fun...
  • matrim68
    Options
    Caps_Lock.jpg

+1
  • Darrknys
    Options
    Caps_Lock.jpg

lol! The pic is great =)
  • Darrknys
    Options
    Fat-Guy-with-Pink-Dumbbell.jpg

awesome lol
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options

WHAT I NEED TO DO IS MORE AND MORE CARDIO AND WHEN I LIFT WEIGHTS IS WITH LESS WEIGHT AND MORE REPS.!

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this approach. Cardio is fine a couple times a week, but would lift more weight with less reps.

Also, I wouldn't get too hung up on the scale. You will most likely get frustrated when it's not moving fast enough for you. Keep track of your measurements. Remember, this is a marathon not a sprint.
  • emilybeatrice1
    emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    some ppl are immature... who cares if you write in caps.... or all lower case!!! we are all supose to be on this site for fitness and diet issues. good luck on your weight loss!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll love the site! Good luck on your journey!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    :tongue: THANKS!! IM SURE ITS NOT EVEN THEM IN THE PHOTO..HAHA..I DONT PUT UP WITH NEGATIVITY....SO ITS COOL!! CANT STOP ME

Good for you for being motivated and positive! BUT, there's a lot you can learn here. A few things are that lower weight, higher reps are not as helpful as you think. Also, that if you're eating in a calorie deficit, you're not likely gaining muscle while losing weight. I'll let some of the others here give you specifics, but if you keep an open mind, and listen to some of the advice that's floating around, you're likely to hit your goal and make some pretty cool friends. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    wow.....and just when I think people can't surprise me anymore. So rude and completely uncalled for. I hope you all get treated with the same hospitality you have displayed here! Just sayin....
  • alyssaxonestel
    Options
    It amazes me how people come to this site to meet people, who are willing to help eachother with insecurities and achieve their goal, basically put their life and everything they kinda keep inside, out in the open. Half these people on here have been bullied their whole life about how they look. This site is for motivation if you dont have anything nice to say why would you take your time out of your life to make a rude comment about someone who is trying to better their life. People wonder why this world is going to **** and there are more and more suicides each day. YOU CAN DO IT just keep going and clearly don't pay attention to anyone or anything who is going to hold you back :)