Any fellow pregnant ladies out there!?

Options
I'm in my second trimester, pregnant with #2 and am keeping fit this time around. Anyone else? I could definitely use the support!

With #1 I began at my normal weight and gained 36 lbs. I eventually lost all my baby weight and came down to my pre-pregnant size right when I got pregnant with #2. It took a lot of work considering my thyroid crashed after having #1.

Anywho - the doctor suggested I gain no more than 25 lbs this time around (perhaps because of my thyroid? not sure). I've been eating well and need to get back into my workouts now that I'm feeling better (woohooo second trimester! first trimester sucked @$$ this time around, lol.)

I hope someone out there is interested! Thanks a bunch ;)

Replies

• abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    really? none? lol
  • abyssfully
    Options
    bumping this one last time in desperation. lol
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    <<-- is jealous!
    Congratz on your new bundle of joy! Unfortunately, I don't think you're gonna find very many pregnant women round here. As for the 25lb limit, that's what all doctors recommend you keep it too. Just make sure you get all the nutrients and calories you need for you and the baby and that all workouts are dr approved and you should be fine. As long as you don't spend all day sitting around or eat enough for 4 (I did that with baby # 1) and your thyroid problem is controlled, you should only gain about 25lbs anyway.
  • abyssfully
    Options
    <<-- is jealous!
    Congratz on your new bundle of joy! Unfortunately, I don't think you're gonna find very many pregnant women round here. As for the 25lb limit, that's what all doctors recommend you keep it too. Just make sure you get all the nutrients and calories you need for you and the baby and that all workouts are dr approved and you should be fine. As long as you don't spend all day sitting around or eat enough for 4 (I did that with baby # 1) and your thyroid problem is controlled, you should only gain about 25lbs anyway.
    aw thanks!! I guess I was just over-thinking the fact that I always read "expect to gain 25 - 35 lbs if you are in your healthy weight BMI range" and my doc literally told me "gain no more than 25 lbs." I have a hard time getting past worrying that I won't be getting enough of what baby needs if I don't gain more. No idea why I'm thinking this way!
  • anob2009
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm 28 weeks pregnant with our #1, due in May. I'm trying hard to stay in shape and only gain a reasonable amount of weight. I've gained about 18 lbs so far, so we'll see where I end up. I've been stationary biking(56 miles this week, woohoo!), running a tiny bit(though I think that's just about over. :( super achy hips), and doing some trx. Also have a pregnancy workout vid that I haven't gotten into yet.

Congrats on your second!
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi! I gave birth almost 8 months ago but im down to be your friend and offer you support. I had my first baby 8 years ago, gained 30lbs lost it all with two months of giving birth, had my second two years ago and gained 40lbs, lost about 20lbs before getting pregnant again! Gained 40lbs with the third pregnancy so that was 40 plus the 20 from number 2. Gave birth at 200lbs with #3 on july 1. I got down to 176lbs by new years and am currently 163lbs. Trying to get back to 125lbs then maybe 115lbs if possible. Im only 5'1''.
    Eat as healthy as you can. Try to exercise as often as you can, not too hardcore though. Walking long distances and swimming does wonders. I hope you have an easy, relaxing, happy pregnancy and healthy baby!!!
  • candiceh619
    Options
    i started mfp win i was prego with my 2nd boy! he is now 4 months old i only ganed 6 extera with him but never got rid of the 50 from my 1st kid mfp helpd me alott
  • meg12772
    Options
    Hi!

I just found out I'm pregnant and I'm 8 weeks along. I know I'm not going to do any hardcore dieting, but my goal right now is to not gain excessive weight and remain healthy.

I'm on here all the time so feel free to contact me. We can go through the upcoming months together! :-)
  • kmreynolds11
    kmreynolds11 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    There are a bunch of groups of pregnant ladies on MFP if you're looking for support! Just go to groups and search "pregnant" and you should find a few... Here's one:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    I am 31 weeks. Add me if you'd like!
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i'm 33weeks with my 3rd

with my first two i gained 55lbs(i had them them back to back) as i wasn't exercising or watching what i ate at all...managed to drop it all off again and at 33weeks i'm still managing to exercise a little but i'm finding it pretty hard

feel free to add me :)
  • karen8873
    karen8873 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Im 18 weeks and trying to do much better with my weight gain this time around!
  • mommyishtar
    mommyishtar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 28 weeks + 2 days pregnant with my 3rd child, 1st daughter (due May 20). With DS #1, I was 16/17 years old, started at about 130lbs and gained only 10lbs, all of which I lost right after having him. With DS #2, I was 24 years old, started around 135lbs and gained only 15lbs; however, after I had him I actually gained a lot of weight!

Unfortunately, for the last 10 years or so, I've tended to yo-yo with my weight. At 29 years old, my pre-preggo weight with this one was 190lbs - the biggest I've ever been! During the 1st trimester (and part of the 2nd) I had horrible morning sickness and dropped down to 160lbs. Finally stopped losing weight at around 20 weeks, and have since gained back around 6-8lbs. At 166-168 (depending on the scale), I'm still well above my delivery weight with either of my first two, so really hoping not to gain too much more weight in the last 12 weeks.

I've been eating a lot more whole grains, fruits, and veggies. Have cut out a lot of refined sugar and starches. Didn't start keeping a food diary until I joined this site yesterday. Consumed just under 2000 calories yesterday - lots of fiber, too much sugar - but mostly from fruits and dairy, lots of protein, and did good on fat and cholesterol. And that was eating pretty much as I normally have lately.

Haven't been working out at all lately :( I keep intending to get my butt on the treadmill, but it just hasn't happened so far. If I could incorporate just a little daily exercise into my routine, I'd be set!
  • Moodymona
    Moodymona Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm barely 7 weeks lol but you can add me
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    jealous! congratulations to all of you :)
  • JennyJStewart
    JennyJStewart Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 37 weeks now and am due March 18/12 :):).
    I am 36 years old and this is my 8th baby. I have gained up to 50 lbs with some of my other pregnancies, and when I found out I was pregnant this time, I was already 35-40lbs overweight at 183lbs. I was very sick at first, lost a little weight, got medication, and had gained about 15 lbs by 20 weeks. I joined MFP around then and started exercising regularly and watching what I ate. I was not going to short myself or my baby needed nutrition, but I wanted to keep excess weight off and get in better shape. I started walking, riding my bike for errands and doing the T-Tapp basic and total workouts. I have tried to avoid simple carbs, get fiber and healthy protiens, and keep my blood sugar steady.
    In the first 2 weeks of MFP, I lost 4-5 lbs - probably mostly water. I also started taking measurements of my arms, hibs, legs (3 places) and my ribs. So, overall I have gained only 18 lbs for this pregnancy (will probably get up to 20 by the end) and I have actually lost over 8" in my measurements - dropping from size 16 jeans to size 14 as well as from size x-large tops to large. I have felt remarkably well for this pregnancy. I feel active and mobile, considering I am over 8 months!
    My Dr is happy with both mine and baby's health. I made sure to take good quality pre-natel vitamins, iron and calcium - also to eat oraganic as much as possible, including organic-free-range meats and eggs. My baby is very active in the womb and is measuring a normal size.
    I don't know if we will have any more children, but if I do, I will definatly use MFP as a tool to stay healthy and keep my weight down during the pregancy. I think if you work with your Dr., eat as close to natural foods as possible, drink lots of water/herbal teas, and keep active (walking is one of the best ways!), you are not "dieting while pregnant" but managing a healthy pregnancy.
    I am looking forward to losing some weight after baby is born using MFP. ;)
  • abyssfully
    Options
    Hey ladies! Sorry I haven't checked back on this thread for a while - nice to meet you all!