20 Pounds in < 2 Months!

Options
Sorry, I didn't take any before/after pics, but I wanted to share a success. I did my bi-weekly weigh-in this morning and hit the 20 pound lost mark! I'm going to get a Bod-Pod done this Friday to compare my body composition to when I started January 3rd. Can't wait to see what my body fat % is now.

My wife bought me a massage as a Valentine's/reward for losing weight gift, which was a great way to celebrate 20 pounds lost.

Replies

• ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hey, thats great. congrats.........................:smile:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Great work! Think of those 20lbs that your heart doesn't have to work through, your knees don't have to buckle under, and you don't have to see in the mirror!

Jobe will done ::)
  • spg50208
    spg50208 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!

@pixiestick I was just noticing the other day how much easier my assisted pull ups have gotten. It's partly because I weight train but I think a larger portion is the extra 20 pounds I'm no longer pulling up with me!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    woohoo! that's awesome :smile:
  • spg50208
    Options
    Thanks! Appreciate the support!
  • schwentc
    Options
    That's awesome. I did that in fall of 2010, then lost my motivation. I'm now attempting to get back on track. Do you mind if I add you to my friends list and use your success as motivation?
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
    I have lost almost 17 LBS in the the last 7 weeks and I realized recently how much easier it is to run. I went from really hard 3 milers to pretty easy 6-8 milers. My legs are like "Thank the lord, woman!"
  • spg50208
    Options
    Thanks guys!

@cowgirlslikeu - Awesome job on the 17 pounds! I know EXACTLY what you mean about workouts feeling easier. The other day I did a jog/walk interval workout and accidentally went 5.5 miles. I was planning on doing a 5K, but when I got there I got a bit of a runners' high and just kept on trucking.

@schwentc - Feel free to add me. Just know that I don't interact much on here. I mainly look at the success forum for motivation and I'm pretty religious about logging my food/exercise.

Thanks again for the support everyone! Here's to 10 more pounds of focusing on fat loss before I start focusing the majority of my effort on gaining muscle!

Cheers!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm down 20 pounds as well. I think of it as four bags of sugar that I no longer have to lug around everywhere I go.

Congrats!
  • spg50208
    Options
    Love that analogy....and your ticker!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!