Low on my calorie intake what do i do?

Options
I have around 1,000 Calories left for today ! I dont know what to do im new to this so i dont know if this is a good or bad thing Please help
I didnt have dinner yet

Replies

• lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I actually have this happen to me daily. Usually after lunch I have around 1000 cals left. I'm struggling with what to do as well. Usually it results in me eating a lot of snacks throughout the evening. I'm sure it's not a good thing.
  • alyssaxonestel
    Options
    I also didnt do my cardio for today yet so I'm sure i will be extra hungry. What do you usually eat for your snacks during the evening?
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Try Peanut Butter, Nuts they both have higher calories but are a healthier snack
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's time for ice cream! LOL! I have ice cream on the brain today, sorry.

Sounds like you have room for a nice big healthy meal tonight. Load up on healthy fats. They have a high calorie density, but won't fill you up, so you can hit your calorie goal. Slice up some avocado on a salad, add olive oil to your meal. things like this will get you good nutrition and boost your calorie intake.
  • lukeout007
    Options
    I also didnt do my cardio for today yet so I'm sure i will be extra hungry. What do you usually eat for your snacks during the evening?

Cereal, yogurt, and fruit mostly
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Eat 1000 calorie dinner?
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    How many calories will your dinner be? If i have alot of calories come dinner i usually eat more meat its higher in calories but low in fat and high in protein.
  • alyssaxonestel
    Options
    Its definitly okay to do that? I feel like i eat more being healthy then when i would eat crap it seems weird you know? But hey, they gave me that amount to work with so it must be right, right?
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Try to plan out your meals and snacks ahead of time so that you don't end up forcing yourself to eat a ton in the evening. You can also estimate your calorie burn from exercise so that you can get those calories in as well.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    It doesn't even have to be a terribly healthy 1,000 calories. Honestly, if I had a good day, and did a workout, and had 1,000 cals to use on dinner - I'd have hotwings and beer.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    simple answer... eat 'em!

You have calories left at the end of the day, this is the best 'problem' you will ever face in 'dieting'!!

My first piece of advice, look at your macronutrients for the day and try to keep your meal/snacks close to your daily macro goals. Other than that, feel free to eat what ever you like up to that 100 cal mark. Enjoy!
  • malibukaty11
    malibukaty11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like trail mix to add in calories :) Lots of fat, lots of calories, lots of protein. When I am running low near the end of the day I grab a handful or 2 of TM. However I agree with the other posters, use up your 1000 calories in your dinner. It's not hard, trust me! ;)
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Going forward you can plan on a larger breakfast or lunch and a smaller (calorie wise) dinner. What's the old saying, eat breakfast like a king (or queen), lunch like a prince(ss), and dinner like a pauper.
  • lordbyron46
    lordbyron46 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Easy, protein shake in the afternoon and in the evening........boosts your calories and your body doesnt digest protein calories into fat so Protein all the way !!
  • veganbabe133
    veganbabe133 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    your so lucky! Wish I had this problem at dinner time! I would say to use them to eat some high calorie healthy foods you may not be able to get on other days like peanut butter, whole grain pasta, almonds, and also tonight would be a great night to drink orange juice or a fruit juice with calories since you can afford it!
    Just dont eat fatty foods. Try Quinoa or Long grain brown rice!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Going forward you can plan on a larger breakfast or lunch and a smaller (calorie wise) dinner. What's the old saying, eat breakfast like a king (or queen), lunch like a prince(ss), and dinner like a pauper.

OP doesn't even have to do that - lots of people eat huge dinners and they're doing just fine.
  • lukeout007
    Options
    Easy, protein shake in the afternoon and in the evening........boosts your calories and your body doesnt digest protein calories into fat so Protein all the way !!

Interesting idea...anyone else have thoughts on this?

I've always thought of protein shakes as a tool for bulking up...but that was based on seeing people drinking them who are trying to bulk up. I just assumed it was meant for that...I'm wrong I'm guessing?
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My lunch had over 1100 calories today. I'm OK with that. I've had plenty of 1000+ calorie meals during my time on MFP. It didn't seem to hinder my weight loss at all. :happy:
  • adonnelly13
    adonnelly13 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I eat if i'm hungry. If i'm under my calories, but full, i don't force myself to eat for the sake of eating. I don't know if that is the best plan of action, but it works for me. I just try and make sure I don't over eat when it comes to calories!
  • spg50208
    spg50208 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just eat what feels good for dinner. There is nothing wrong with having additional calories left over at the end of the day. For example, my goal caloric intake is 1500 (500 under what my body metabolizes. But I usually do a 600+ calorie workout. Most days I have 500 additional calories left at the end of the day. This just doubles the rate at which I'm losing because I'm still consuming enough that my body doesn't go into "starvation mode."

Eat your normal dinner, wait a little bit. If you're still hungry, make snack. There are no rules that say you must consume your calories!

Oh, and I focus on the weekly deficit more than the daily deficit because if I keep that much of a cushion all week, then I can eat a bit on the weekend without worrying.

2372431.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter