Deployment

Options
Has anyone else been through a deployment with the US Military?

I'm just curious and would love to have some more military friends on MFP.

I'm currently overseas right now too.

Replies

• skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    where yah staying?
    i use to live near a marine base...so partied there a lot. lol. i had a lot of friends there. i was great being able to shop at the PX, everythings much cheaper.
  • foramanwhohashope
    foramanwhohashope Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Lol, I'm stationed in Michigan but I can't say where I'm at overseas right now.
  • jrmfairbanks
    Options
    The hubby and I are currently going through a deployment right now. It is out first and I fully admit that I hate every minute of it.
  • BriLeimbach
    Options
    Yes!! Is this your first deployment as a couple? I only ask because the first one is always the roughest. My husband and I were only married 6 months before he left for a year. It wasn't easy, but working out and having friends to support me was a huge help. I currently am stationed in Europe, but am more than willing to give advice or just be an online friend when you need someone who understands what you are going through.

My husband is infantry, so deployments were especially dangerous for our family. I'll keep your family in my prayers for his safe return.

Good luck with your weight loss goal!

Bri
  • jjmaag
    jjmaag Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just returned from a year in South Korea (Kunsan AB) I'm Active Duty Air Force and would LOVE to be stationed in Michigan, that's my home of record but there are no Air Force bases there, just PCS'd to Mountain Home ID. Korea was awful, so I hope you're not going there!!
  • RyanPerry2012
    RyanPerry2012 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I was at Bagram in 2010, lost about 25 lbs. and dropped my run time by 4:00 because with the long hours, working out to work off stress just becomes natural. And the food is great if you resist the unhealthy options like cheeseburgers offered at the DFAC for 4 meals a day...

Feel free to add me, I'm back now but more than happy to chat!
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Deployed but not the sand pit, my sand was on a beach :happy:
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    My Son is in the Navy but still in the States. My Daughter has two very good friends that are deployed, for the third time. They will be gone for another year. I belong to a Service momma group that love to send out package to our Men and Women in the Service.
    if you would like to friend me, it's up to you, we can chat. but again it's up to you. I don't want to push
    Thank you so much for your Service. It is truely appreciated.
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else been through a deployment with the US Military?

I'm just curious and would love to have some more military friends on MFP.

I'm currently overseas right now too.

Deployed and been stationed overseas.
  • maxandjackmom
    maxandjackmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in the Air Force and through two deployments. It is a great time to workout and eat right since there is nothing else to do and the food isn't good so you might as well eat chicken breasts and veggies. Good luck and stay safe.
  • Cberg9
    Cberg9 Posts: 123
    Options
    Woop Woop Patrick AFB FL here!! (husband is the deployer)
  • foramanwhohashope
    foramanwhohashope Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys. :)
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    My husband is in the Navy and we've been through six deployments together so far.
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    yeah several im in South Korea right now Iraq 1 year and a half ago, Saudi Arabia before that and Qatar :) feel free to add me
  • McMommyx3
    Options
    My husband is Navy and we also have been through 6 deployments--going through one right now actually!
  • CMDCMstr3
    CMDCMstr3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I sailed on about 12 of them during my 28 years in the Navy. As far as working out, it was a great opportunity to drop some pounds and get in shape. Unfortunately when I came home I would over eat and gain it right back.
  • scott1080
    scott1080 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me been on two and a third coming up.