Dr Oz and his belly busting advice-does it really work???

Options
im sure a lot of people out there have heard about Dr Oz and his belly busting secrets. I am sure everyone has an opinion on Dr. Oz. I dont really care about him one way or another. BUT im very curious about the herbs/vitamins that he suggests. Has anyone tried 7 keto, Relora or Forskolin for helping with belly loss? Would love to hear from anyone? Do these things really work??

thanks for the impu

Replies

• mrsepiphany
    mrsepiphany Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bump i want to know too
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    The only thing I know that truly helps bust stubborn belly fat is cardio and strength training. Dr. Oz is just trying to sell his sponsor's supplements, so that he can afford to keep doing the show!
  • neilisfat
    neilisfat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    These cleanses will clean your insides out. Go back to a few days of rough eating and you will clog back up. Go ahead and do it if you want to look good in a special outfit for a night out. Cleanses don't last if you don'y change your diet away from sludgy food.
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I just purchased them, so I'll give it 30 days and see what happens. :smile:
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I've lost inches from my waist without cardio or strength training, but I didn't use any supplements. I started simply moving more and eating higher quality food. I still eat out, I still occasionally eat processed food,. The secret is really less rfood with efined sugars (cakes, cookies) and more whole foods. Also, certain foods and sodium can cause bloating. Even some whole foods can cause bloating.

There is a saying "Abs are made in the kitchen." And, there's a book called "The Flat Belly Diet," which talks about reducing bloat and eating to reduce belly fat. It's not spot reducing. No one can promise that. But there is some good advice, for example, such as the recommendation to eat monounsaturated fats with your meals.

Finally, some of the way you deposit fat has to do with your genetics, so you can have two people on the same eating plan, with completely different shapes.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't spend a dime on anything he suggests. All he does is push pills and supplements. I would never trust him as my doctor.

I wouldn't waste money on the stupid things he mentions. He's a fraud.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Side note, you can't spot reduce so I really don't know why people buy into what he says and suggests.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

If it promises to target just belly fat, it's probably nonsense. You can't spot-target fat.

If it's a supplement, and it's 'proven' to work in the absence of a reasonable diet (with a calorie deficit) and exercise, it's most likely not 'proven' at all and it will likely make you a little bit poorer and the snake-oil salesman a little bit richer.
  • fubar2us
    fubar2us Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a grandmother that is all about following Dr. Oz. and wants to try what you are talking about. If you want some entertainment some day go down to your local Vitimin shop and hang out in the isle with whatever Oz has recomended, I guarantee it will be sold out. More importantly watch the people comming into the store asking for the product and what the employees tell them. 9 out of 10 will be older women who have a very long way to go on the fitness challenge that are looking for the miracle pill that will do it for them. The employee will all but tell them this by explaining that they are out of the product but that it will not deliver the results that Dr. Oz has promissed if they do not follow the rest of his daily advice. Eat healthy, Get moving. Do all the pills he suggests do what he claims, I have no idea. What I do know is that it takes a lifestyle change to change your body and too many people look to the Dr. for a miracle without looking within first.