Putting The Scale Away For A Month?

Options
I'm considering putting away my scale and measuring tape for the next 30 days and forgetting about numbers. Just focusing on good healthy choices and behavior. Anyone else done this? What kind of results did you end up finishing with?

Replies

• lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Also as someone suggested in another thread...I think I will remove my cheat day from each week for the next 30 days as well.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I have a weigh in on Thursday, then I'll join you. We wont look or measure until April 2 deal???
  • lukeout007
    Options
    I have a weigh in on Thursday, then I'll join you. We wont look or measure until April 2 deal???

I'm in. Let's do it.
  • Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I can do this. I'd love to but I'll have a think about it! At the moment I am still using it as a spur to keep going.
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'll do this with you guys! I hate the scale lately since it's not showing me what I want to see. Plus I figure I can concentrate more on my eating habits.
  • TheBauhausCure
    TheBauhausCure Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day, but now I only do it once every two weeks or so. Personally, it keeps me more motivated because psychologically I see more weight loss at once.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I actually didnt own one for a looooong time (about 6yrs) lol. Hmmm i think ill do it to
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    It's been two weeks for me! I'm not weighing in until spring break (17 days!) I think it's a great idea to take the fixation off of something that's honestly just a number. It is not indicative of health!
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Great idea. My loss is very slow, so I only weigh once a month.
  • tmowen89
    Options
    I'm an obsessed scale stepper... this sounds like a good idea! I'll do it with you!
  • kymberly316
    Options
    I'm mad at my scale, so I'm in.
  • slm0257
    slm0257 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ok...I'm obsessed with the number on that stupid scale. I am with you on this. I have been contemplating it for a while but haven't had enough guts to actually do it. Knowing that others are dealing with the same thing will definitely help me stay off the scale for a month!
  • Happyhealthyliz90
    Happyhealthyliz90 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've done this twice now once when I started MFP for a month and lost 15 lbs and the second time was befor Christmas for a month and I lost 3 lbs that time! It's a great idea!
  • lukeout007
    Options
    Maybe we should start a group for it?
  • aapayette
    aapayette Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I'll weigh myself and take measurements tomorrow morning, then not till Apr 2nd. I just bought a food scale today too so hopefully that helps me lose even more weight. I've gained a lb in the last 2 weeks :(
  • slm0257
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    That's how I gained weight in the first place....=/
  • slm0257
    Options
    Fearless...I LOVE that pic that is your profile pic. Makes me laugh every time I see it.
  • sheels9
    sheels9 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm not sure I can stay away for that long... lol
  • lukeout007
    Options