New to this site

sandycfi
sandycfi Posts: 2
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I'm Sandy. I'm 41 yrs old and I've just started dieting (yesterday) and exercising. This is the first time I've ever been overweight [I gained 21 lbs in the past 9 months] in my entire life and it's really hard to accept. I've exercised off and on over the past 10 years but have not been consistent. I've discovered that I eat way too many carbs and I'm cutting back and I am trying to stick to a low-carb diet. So far so good, but I'm craving sweets and carbs [mostly breads].

Replies

• sandycfi
    sandycfi Posts: 2
    Hi I'm Sandy. I'm 41 yrs old and I've just started dieting (yesterday) and exercising. This is the first time I've ever been overweight [I gained 21 lbs in the past 9 months] in my entire life and it's really hard to accept. I've exercised off and on over the past 10 years but have not been consistent. I've discovered that I eat way too many carbs and I'm cutting back and I am trying to stick to a low-carb diet. So far so good, but I'm craving sweets and carbs [mostly breads].
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Hi I am Audumn

Welcome to the group!
  • momathome
    momathome Posts: 72
    welcome!
    Hope you get what you need from this site. It has been working for me.
    :happy:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    HI and Welcome:flowerforyou: Have you tried the Sara Lee whole wheat bread only 45 calories a slice and it's suppose to be better for you then white flour bread. I'm not sure if there is a difference in carbs. but on you journal it shows how many carbs we can have a day. Maybe don't give them up completely but cut them in half so you won't have those cravings.
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Only stop the bad carbs. Our body needs the good carbs like 100%whole grain breads, rice, and pastas, and cereals. Have those in proportionate serving sizes. DO STOP the bad carbs, like sugars, white flour stuff. no one should ever stop eating good carbs. !!!!!!!! Also, you don't need to Diet! All you need to do is change from an unhealthy eating plan to HEALTHY eating for life. Good low fat proteins, good complex carbs, and LOTS of fruits and veggies. That is not a diet but THE way we should all eat all the time. Eat only God made foods. If you think in those terms, you won't feel so down about the diet thing. think positive in changing your life!!!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.