Ever come across a fake person on MFP?

Options
HeidiRene
HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
I once had an experience on FB where I think this "person" totally made a profile and started chatting me who wasn't real. I came to the conclusion he was a total fake (fake pics, not who he said he was etc etc) although he never talked sexual, tried to meet me or asked for money (so what in the heck his motive was is anybody's guess) but I completely blocked him nonetheless. He pretended to be a nurse for a man I was FB friends with that passed away. Some sick mind game. Run into to any obvious fake weirdos on here?

Replies

• sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Never here, or FB come to think of it.

Seems I left all the fakers behind when bolt.com closed down :laugh:
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I think the closest was someone had photoshopped their face onto a picture of a model and tried to pass it off as her.
    Other than that... I don't think so.
  • icewindfirex
    Options
    I've only seen the photoshopped pictures. It makes me LOL when I recognize pictures that people have (badly) photoshopped their faces on. I mean, really?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Never here, or FB come to think of it.

Seems I left all the fakers behind when bolt.com closed down :laugh:

I totally forgot about bolt! Oh my gosh! Funny!
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely against the rules of MFP and no one would ever think of doing that here.
  • emmyash
    emmyash Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!...as a rule on FB I only add people i know and have met....since mfp ive added a few...this guy who was a friend of a friend,..sent request..all us women added him...some he sweet talked..thankfully i am not the type to encourage this sort of thing...so id just change the subject..in the end a few of these women were onto him..like that he was gone off FB....we all wonder if it was even a guy...some women were telling him private things..eww...
  • emmyash
    emmyash Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    sorry..add that so far no fakes on MFP...
  • SkinnyShadow
    SkinnyShadow Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have.. one girl in particular pretended she was someone else so she could make it onto my friend's list and talk to me.. have no idea why it was so important to her. She was a girl from a different fitness app who I called out on a couple occasions :/. ..you know, one of those "advice" givers lol.. holy crap, more like tell you exactly how to live your life and "come to my thread!!!!" :p
  • GuerrillaHermit
    Options
    That is absolutely against the rules of MFP and no one would ever think of doing that here.

Exactly.
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Drama, drama, drama.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Never here or facebook. Now, back when Myspace was around, I'm sure there were tons of fakes.

I only add/talk to people I know, that way I can clear up the fact that they're fake.
  • MUByM
    MUByM Posts: 208
    Options
    I came across a girl on here who is using someone elses picture and I already contacted the owner of picture to let them know.