Trying to lose 30 pounds.

Options

Replies

• wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    me too!

not a mom but i'd love to lose 30 as well. first focusing on 20, then i'll address the last 10. they are the hardest.
  • massagecailin
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 30-35 pounds as well-I had surgery in high school and am trying to get back to my weight before it (it was almost 10 years ago now...). I would love to support and get support on this journey since we're all in the same boat!!! Anyone can feel free to add me so we can support one another :)
  • memega
    memega Posts: 73
    Options
    In the same boat...
  • Rubyinthesand2012
    Options
    im in the same boat... was originally trying to lose for a holiday in August but that got cancelled and i fell off the wagon.

My partner has just booked a holiday for us for May 18th for a week in the sun with our youngest two (their first ever holiday abroad).

I would love to have lost 30lbs by then but will take what i can get.

Am totally upping my water intake cutting down my alcohol intake and upping my exercise
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    No kids, 35 years old, 5'7" started MFP at 175 and recently met my 30 pound weight loss goal and am now at my goal weight of 145. I have only been maintaining for 2 weeks, so I am still figuring it out!

I started MFP on 2/15/11 with the intent of losing as much weight as possible before a trip to the Caribbean in May 2011. I was able to get down 15 pounds by then and it took me nine long months to lose the rest of the weight due to numerous plateaus. It's been a long road but I finally made it!

Feel free to friend me if you would like support from someone who has been there.
  • faith3655
    faith3655 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as pretty much all of yall. I just turned 26 and have 2 small children. I would like to lose 30 lbs by late May or so. I just started MFP a few days ago and it has really opened my eyes to what I have been eating. Its going to be a strugle for me and I'm looking for any advice I can get. :)
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Same goal here. Started at my all time high of nearly 165. Want to get to 135 by summer. Can we keep this thread going?
  • deborahpbriggs1
    Options
    I am twenty years ahead on you on this journey ... my kids are now 19 and 23 ... and I am now really going to lose that weight ....

Kudos for the fact that you are doing it now. I waited and now I have an additional 10 pounds to lose on top of the baby weight. Best of luck!

PS -- I am on my second day of using these tools. Any ideas on how to get the most out of them (anyone?)
  • deborahpbriggs1
    Options
    Jenny I saw your note. Looks like we truly are in the same boat. I am going to do it this time. I must. But it is hard for me to believe I really can since I have failed so many times, and each year I am a little heavier than the last.
  • shellyshappy
    shellyshappy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also am a Mother of 2, 36yrs (37 in April), weigh 158ish and have about 28 more lbs to lose. I've just been on my journey a week and seem to be doing pretty good. I do work full-time,but I do little things here and there like pushups, crunches, squats 15 -30 here and there every other day if I can....it really adds up.
    Building muscle helps you burn calories at a higher rate when you aren't exercising ....I don't want to bulk up so I don't lift anything super heavy just high reps.
    I wish you the best on your journey and look forward to seeing the progress!
  • scubakat67
    scubakat67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    "We are not alone"

I have been gaining and losing the same 2-3 pounds for more years than I can count! I've been living the "been there, tried that" diet lifestyle and just can't seem to get the ball rolling. I have booked a dive trip for May 12 and REALLY do not want to look like the michelin tire man in my wetsuit! I would like to lose 20 pounds by my trip (I'm trying to be realistic and stick with 2 pounds a week). I need ALL the help I can get.

So what's your plan? I'm a terrible planner - I'm always a victim of too much to do and not enough time, so the last thing that I get around to is planning my meals. Of course, this usually means something quick for dinner that, while somewhat nutritious, is probably not the best choice.

My plan? Baby steps. Small victories.
    1. Make breakfast at home each day this week (scrambled eggs, english muffin)
    2. Cardio 3x
    3. Plan my lunches for next week

No more excuses!
  • Rosepower
    Rosepower Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm also a Mom of 2, I am 5.7 ad weigh 164, I would love to get down to 135 by the Summer. I work part time and have a child with special needs...I find at the end of the day I am exhausted and thats when I start rummaging through the cupboards and end up eating junk. I need to stay focused and have carrots etc... on hand for the evenings. Hoping this tread will keep me motivated!
  • ashncox55
    ashncox55 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    FR sent :)

Yay so many ppl shooting for similar goals!!
    Ive lost my first 10lbs and still need to lose 23 to 28 pounds to get back down to 130-135!!
    Eleventh Anniversary and HS reunion party the hubs and I are throwing is on April 14th.
    The more support, the greater the loss!! We can do this!! Add Me ;)
  • amberfinn
    Options
    I'm in about the same boat! I wanted to loose at least 20 lbs when my husband comes home for midtour in the second week of may! I have been working out at least 4 times a week, eating clean, and taking oxy elite pro. In my first week (weighed in this past sunday) I lost 5.8 lbs!!! Let's do this guys! I want my husband to not even recognize me at the airport lol
  • bowers23
    bowers23 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 35, and trying to lose between 30-35 lbs by May or June. I have let this weight rule me for the last 6 years. It has stopped me from really enjoying activites with my kids for fear of being embarrassed. I hide in my baggy clothes, even at the pool, you will find me in a pair of jeans and one of my husband's baggy t-shirts. So I have made a promise to myself, that this year I wil be in that pool with my kids having a great time!

I would love to be on a great support team! This is a hard journey to make alone!

We can all do this!! :smile:
  • bowers23
    bowers23 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just thinking here, what do you all think of maybe starting some kind of a challenge to help us get into gear for the next 3 months?

Any thoughts / suggestions?
  • scubakat67
    scubakat67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I think a challenge is a great idea. Not sure what to suggest - as everyone is different in what triggers them into action. I, for one, did NOT like the look of the bathing suit I tried on last night, so I'm motivated today. Keeping the motivation through the weekend is my challenge. I am open to suggestions/challenges.
  • hazyupsydaisy
    hazyupsydaisy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a challenge.
  • shellyshappy
    Options
    I'm also a Mom of 2, I am 5.7 ad weigh 164, I would love to get down to 135 by the Summer. I work part time and have a child with special needs...I find at the end of the day I am exhausted and thats when I start rummaging through the cupboards and end up eating junk. I need to stay focused and have carrots etc... on hand for the evenings. Hoping this tread will keep me motivated!

I totally understand how you feel! I had ladies at work pushing me to go to the gym (group fitness class) with them for a while when I finally told my hub I need to have this time and said you can have "daddy fix dinner night" meaning he takes them to taco bueno or something haha! So I have been doing this group fitness about 1 x a week and then pushups and crunches when I cant go to the gym. (usually do them throughout the day so I don't have to pop 30 at a time. 15 in morn and 15 at night. I was concerned I might bulk up, but the ladies I saw that told me to do push ups had amazing arms. When I am doing these i find I burn calories longer at a higher rate. I am really loving the results so far. I wish you the best on your journey...It's a matter of how bad do you want it and put on that music and roll with it.
  • shellyshappy
    Options
    I am on my personal 17 week challenge which is right up to when I go on vacation. I have 16 weeks left I have lost 3.6 lbs so far and I started 2/19/12. my goal is to loose 31.8 lbs and I will hit my goal of 130.....my personal challenge ends on June 16th.