Small NSV for me!

Options
So today I was in Forever 21 (ONE MY MY FAVORITE STORES BTW) and I wanted to try on some new clothes. With $100 in hand I told myself I would go on a nice shopping spree! Now I haven't been shopping in like a month and a half. But I automatically thought I should get XL's for clothes because it really didn't look like I could fit in a large. Plus, I was so bloated cause of my damn period. Anyway, I got all these clothes in XL's to try on. In the changing room it hit me. I tried on one shirt. IT WAS CRAZY. AN XL WAS ACTUALLY HUGE ON ME. I was so confused. So I went back in the store and got all my clothes in a size L. Went back into the changing room and tried on the clothes and guess what? THEY FIT PERFECTLY. I haven't been a size L since before high school! I'M PROUD OF MYSELF :)

Replies

• dlrcpa
    dlrcpa Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That's great! So what did you buy?
  • Sb65513n
    Sb65513n Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    congrats. Forever 21 is my weakness. I can't wait to go shopping there and not wear plus sizes.
  • caitmarshhh
    caitmarshhh Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    so exciting! congrats :)
  • msmissylowe
    Options
    Great moment! Congratulations!
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    That's such an amazing, surreal feeling! I remember having the exact same experience when I lost my first 25lbs back in 2009. Honestly, sometimes even now it's still instinct to look for the bigger sizes--I have to keep reminding myself that those won't fit anymore!

Congratulations on your NSV and happy shopping!!!
  • AngieMoore1975
    AngieMoore1975 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Good for you!! :)
  • Tmarinari
    Options
    that is awesome. The feeling is great. My husband actually told me to change me shirt three times before I went out today because they were all huge on me. He said " Are you going to be painting" I said No why He said "becuse you look like you are wearing a smock" So now I am getting rid of three shirts :)
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    yay! many more to come ;)
  • ShalisaClam
    Options
    Yaaaayyyyy!!! :drinker:
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Forever 21 is my "goal" store. They have such cute stuff. I'm almost to an XL - I can't wait!

I have a training class to attend for a week in April, I want to have a few new outfits by then.
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    So today I was in Forever 21 (ONE MY MY FAVORITE STORES BTW) and I wanted to try on some new clothes. With $100 in hand I told myself I would go on a nice shopping spree! Now I haven't been shopping in like a month and a half. But I automatically thought I should get XL's for clothes because it really didn't look like I could fit in a large. Plus, I was so bloated cause of my damn period. Anyway, I got all these clothes in XL's to try on. In the changing room it hit me. I tried on one shirt. IT WAS CRAZY. AN XL WAS ACTUALLY HUGE ON ME. I was so confused. So I went back in the store and got all my clothes in a size L. Went back into the changing room and tried on the clothes and guess what? THEY FIT PERFECTLY. I haven't been a size L since before high school! I'M PROUD OF MYSELF :)
    Fantastic! Congrats on all your hard work. I am looking forward to the "X" to be off my clothing size, also.
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats, and keep up the great work! =D
  • flstarlady65
    Options
    Congrats! That is a wonderful feeling to experience. Keep up the great job and set your next goal!
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    That happened to me, too. I rarely ever tried stuff on, especially in tops. I know that I bought a couple XL things before realizing that I had gone down in size. I had stayed the same size before even plus or minus 20, so I guess I figured I was still the same after the next 20. It wasn't until cleaning out my stuff and trying on old pants before I realized I was smaller and should look for smaller clothes!
  • emilybeatrice1
    emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    thats awesome cuz forever 21's clothes run small. so you can prob. fit into a medium at like macys or dilliards.
  • kndlkai1
    kndlkai1 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself! That's a fantastic NSV and you should definitely celebrate!!! :-)
  • MarCarCas
    MarCarCas Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I love Forever 21, I've had to order from Forever 21+ Online because I wore 1X there. I just ordered a dress in XL, and I'm very excited, because my 1X clothes are getting too big!
  • MarCarCas
    MarCarCas Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sorry double post.
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV. Congrats! Keep on keeping on :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!