Motivate Me

Options
Hello All,

I'm new here! Just logged on for the first time about 15 minutes ago, and I'm already liking what I see. I am 34yrs old, 5'10 and apparently I'm 237lbs. I would love to get down to about 180lbs so that's what 57lbs, that's doable, right?

I want to be healthy, I want to feel even better about myself, and I want to look GREAT... :wink: I'm not completely unmotivated but sometimes I could use that little push.

Starting sometime in April I will be starting my 4 season of playing soccer and how great would it be if I could lose some weigh and run faster and have more stamina?

I'm looking for some weight lose friends to help me on my way. Any takers??? Not only can I be a great cheerleader, I'm very optimistic, a good listener, a great advice giver and I'm pretty funny too.

Hope to hear from you all soon! Looking forward to some great work outs and great fun!

Replies

• rds532
    rds532 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi - I just started last week and feel the same way. I'm loving this site and need support! Add me!
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hey I'll add you. We have similar weightloss goals, I am just short so i need to get to a lower weight. I just started about 2 weeks ago.
  • Julie2402
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me, i have lost 30lbs and want to lose another 30, i could do with some encouragement and in turn will help you. take care and good luck!
  • La1210
    La1210 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Looks like you came to the right place. The good thing is you are already active!!!! For me that's the hard part. You will find this place is addictive. It's full of support, great info and plenty of good old laughs. I love it!
  • mindfulone
    mindfulone Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me it gets HARD sometimes... I started out with my daughter and she fell off the wagon she is a fb person and im not but I love ths site!!!!
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as a friend. I'm on a doable journey of 50+/- lbs myself, and I could definitely use an optimistic, wise funny cheerleader. I'll be here for you too. :flowerforyou:
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm 33, 5'9, currently 189 (i've been stuck here for almost a year now, but on the flip side I didn't gain 10 lbs in the last year like I did the year before...) I'm shooting for 150!!!
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I WILL ADD YOU, YOU ARE JUST LIKE ME!! I HAVE A LITTLE MORE TO LOSE THAN YOU DO!
  • PennyRee
    Options
    Hi! Reading all your posts is a great inspiration. I began my weight loss journey in January 2011; I lost 69 pounds, and now I have gained about 5 pounds back. So, I am hitting the pavement to lose that 5 pounds plus about 30 more. Please add me, and help me with the struggle. It always helps to hear other people's stories.:blushing:
  • beck5500
    Options
    Hello! I saw your post and had to reply...our goals are so similar. I am 5'7", 240 and my goal is also 180. I just started this site today and am happy with everything I've come across so far. Motivation and support are what I need most since I usually am able to lose the weight, but sticking with it is my struggle. I'd be happy if you want to add me and we can try it together! I really could use some motivation!
  • tellemGREGG
    Options
    hey! i'd love to be your motivation partner!
  • spoiledbmeg
    Options
    i been here since january. free advice look at it as a life style change not a diet feel free to add me.
  • lovinmysoldier
    lovinmysoldier Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" started a year ago at 206.6, currently at 163.2, 150 is my first goal weight. I've never been that weight before so I'm not sure how it'll feel when I get there. Feel free to add me, my feeling the more the merrier!
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. :) Feel free to add me if you would like too.
  • glowinangeliz77
    Options
    Consider it done... Did I mention I'm competitive too? Hahaha... Thanks for being here for me everyone! Good times await!
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    You had me at "I'm competitive too"! I like friends who are competitive and active. Friend request sent.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    "Motivation must come from within" -some wise person.
    "You are the *kitten* in charge of your destiny" - R. Lee Ermey

Good luck!!