315 lbs OMG

Options
Thats it. I will not gain another pound. I started this last last year then fell off the grid. But now I am serious. I will drop to at least 250 by June/July.. Ok Maybe not by then but I need to drop to make me feel better. I weighed in on Sunday at 315 and today I weighed in at 310. Maybe by Sunday I can break into the 200's. What did I do for 5 lbs....Gave up Diet soda

Replies

• vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    That diet soda is a nightmare huh? My hubbie has given it up as well. Welcome back. You've got this.
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thats it. I will not gain another pound. I started this last last year then fell off the grid. But now I am serious. I will drop to at least 250 by June/July.. Ok Maybe not by then but I need to drop to make me feel better. What did I do for 5 lbs....Gave up Diet soda

The important thing is getting back on track after falling off the grid! :flowerforyou: I am restarting too after a four month drop! Today was my first day back at the gym. I only did 40 minutes on the treadmill but I feel tired but great! I've given up sodas all together and been amazed by the positive effect water has on weight loss. I do drink Gatorade when I'm doing full workouts for the electrolytes since I don't eat salt or salt substitutes.

Keep up the good work!
  • stephanieGbraswell
    Options
    Cutting out diet soda will help. no worries you got this
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    It's absolutely amazing how giving up diet soda can really kick-start a person! I can't believe I ever drank the stuff.. haven't touched a drop since Dec. 2 2011 and never looked back. Try this one.. chew everything really slowly.. it's amazing!
  • emilybeatrice1
    emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Im addicted to diet soda!!!! ughhhh!!!
  • Bethee101
    Bethee101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    A wake up call is something that is a great motivation at first!! Then the weight loss will be the motivator!! We are here for you!!
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    good job on restarting! i gave up all soda about a month ago and havent had one since! that was my motivation to start this... if i can give up soda what else can i give up? :)
  • JonSchluter
    Options
    I know how you feel! The most I wieghed all through highschool was 250. Then I gained and weighed in at 290.. I lost 75 pounds almost 2 years ago and now I have gained it all back pluss 10 pounds. Time for a change!
  • ckmnaguilar
    Options
    Stay strong, sometimes we get caught up in the numbers and forget how great we feel when we leave the gym or after we workout, I have only lost 2 lbs in 2 months but I look so much better and a feel great, just get your head in the game of being healthy and accept that it will take a long time but if you just keep going even when you have bad days, you will get there, do it the healthy way!!
  • jbosey
    jbosey Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know what you mean. The scales at my doctors visit last year read 303 (with shoes and clothes) but I had never weight that much before. I went on a low carb diet and listing my calories on fitday and lost about 15 lbs for a while. I thought I had everything under control and did not need to list my food and quickly gained back 10 lbs.

Thats what brought me here, I have to list my calories or I over eat and eat mega carbs. I have to have about 3 cans of diet coke a day but am managing my food intake pretty good. I also drink a lot of diet tea.

You can do this! Just dont stop listing your calories and be honest. It will come off.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!!

All I used to drink was diet pepsi....I'm so happy I gave it up, all I drink is water now, my skin looks awesome!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You. CAN. Do. This.

I was over 300 this time last year and I did manage to drop to around 250 by summer. It was hard and took a lot of self discipline, but it is possible.
  • dmac40
    Options
    All this "dissin" diet soda? Is there something I should know. I dont drink a lot of it but when I drink pop its always Diet. thought that would be better than all the sugar in regular pop.
  • lyddiebee
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder not to get caught up on the numbers. I have been working out fairly consistently since January. I just restarted heavier workouts. I injured by back and gained weight because I couldn't work out. I used to run 5K 3 to 4 days a week. Now I can't run so have settled for the elliptical. I started out with 20 minutes every other day, went to 20 minutes every day and then increased it to between 30 and 40 minutes a day. I have been exercising daily now for about 1 month and I am getting discouraged because I have not seen any decrease in my weight. I lost an inch around my waist but still am discouraged. Then I went to a Personal Trainer and got even more discouraged after having my measurmens taken. I'm trying really hard to ignore the numbers reminding myself I am hopefully building muscle first and will start losing some weight. Anyways, sorry about the long response. Thanks so much for the reminder about not getting caught up on the numbers!
  • jbcharles
    jbcharles Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I gave up diet soda awhile ago, but why does it help?
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    KEEP THAT FIRE! You can do WHATEVER you set your mind to! Stay determined. :happy:
  • Arvids
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. Through my twenties I was around 220 which I thought was out of portion. But at 6 foot 2" my doctor said for my bone structure and my height. He would be more than happy to see me around 250 to start. So that is my goal before my next doctors visit in Sept. I have the perfect workout partner. My dog. When I use the stationary bike he walks on the treadmill. When I work out on the weights he continues to walk on the treadmill. When I walk on the treadmill he stands next to me looking at me like EXCUSE ME but thats my treadmill.........
  • Arvids
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. Through my twenties I was around 220 which I thought was out of portion. But at 6 foot 2" my doctor said for my bone structure and my height. He would be more than happy to see me around 250 to start. So that is my goal before my next doctors visit in Sept. I have the perfect workout partner. My dog. When I use the stationary bike he walks on the treadmill. When I work out on the weights he continues to walk on the treadmill. When I walk on the treadmill he stands next to me looking at me like EXCUSE ME but thats my treadmill.........
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    Good on ya, it's never too late to start. And be happy with the journey, never judge your progress through others, we all get there at our own pace.
  • gettingoldblows
    gettingoldblows Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ha ha--I tried to get my dog--who could stand to lose a few herself--on the treadmill and she just looked at me like, "Excuse me, but you have me confused with a dog from the 'Working Group'! She used to like walks, but I've been taking her on so many--I often walk around the block when I get cravings for fatty or sugary foods-- that I think she dreads hearing the leash rattle.