Help

Options
I have been using the treadmill 5 days a week running 4 miles a day, for 5 weeks and have only lost 7-8 lbs. I eat healthy, but can't seem to get the weight off! What am I doing wrong?????

I'm 5'4 and started out at 161lbs

Signed FRUSTRATED

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,087 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the only thing you are doing wrong is not being proud of the weight you have lost! Look at that...8 pounds in 5 weeks is more than a pound a week!! You should be proud of that. It isn't healthy to lose too quickly. I'd say you're doing great.
  • chantel14
    Options
    You are doing nothing wrong! Any more than a pound a week is excellent!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing everything right! Not everyone gets to lose 2 pounds a week. Be proud of yourself! I'm working out 7 days a week (per doctor's orders) and I've only managed to gain weight!

PS - I'm 5'4 and started out at 196, and I've managed to bounce between 186 and 190 for 3 or 4 weeks now!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Your food diary is closed so no way for me to even guess.
  • Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Try weight lifting and forget about the scale and use the measuring tape/ This will make you feel alot better.
    BTW your doing great so don't worry about it to much
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    You are doing terrific. be proud of your accomplishments. I was surprised at first when I saw that the weight wasn't going to come off over night. Just stick with it. Over time the weight will come off. BTW, I found that doing aerobics was more effective than the treadmill but that's just my expereince. I think you are doing great!! :flowerforyou:
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Try mixing up your work-out routine. Your body gets used to a certain exercise if you do the same thing every work-out and you hit a plateau. I do a boot camp and every class is different so my muscles are in a constant state of confusion.
  • duffy1964
    duffy1964 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the encouragement!!!!!!