Newbie to app!! Not eating enough....any suggestion on high

Options
New to the app, any suggestions are what foods I can eat to increase my daily calorie intake? I exercise 90 mins 5-7x a week, problem is according to this I am to eat 2100 calories a day...I can't get there!! I am between 700-1000 short every day now for 3 days. I do have a history of an eating disorder, but I am trying to not go back down that road. I want to do this the healthy way. Any high calorie suggestion would be appreciated... :happy:

Replies

• teener009
    teener009 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would go for a high protein, low fat type of shake or supplement. You'll get the protein calories, which do not turn into fat, and that will fill you up and help your workouts too!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I do some peanut butter and crackers , if im far off my goal, or my favorite cookies come in handy too:))
  • HeaderAutumn
    HeaderAutumn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    try nuts or peanut butter. Always puts me up to calories I need
  • mlang1955
    mlang1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Nuts are high in calories and yet good for you. I eat almonds and walnuts, however, in my diet I do so sparingly so as to not go over my calorie limit.
  • RileeMarie
    Options
    Thank you, I am currently doing 2 protein shakes a day, should increase to 3? maybe. it's hard for me to find food that I am not allergic to so i have to be careful of what i eat. I am allergic to peanuts, eggs, broccoli, spinach. (chocolate and cherries..which is not a bad thing)
  • katherinewaters84
    Options
    Protien it always helps... plus it helps build musle !!
  • chrisc16
    Options
    You could also scale back a bit on the exercise, maybe 3X per week or so. You calorie intake will cycle, which helps to lose weight (you will also get closer to your calorie goal).
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    cheddar wedge, however it is also high in fat. increase your portion sizes slightly.
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I am currently doing 2 protein shakes a day, should increase to 3? maybe. it's hard for me to find food that I am not allergic to so i have to be careful of what i eat. I am allergic to peanuts, eggs, broccoli, spinach. (chocolate and cherries..which is not a bad thing)

Depending on whatyou use to mix the shakes with, try using whole milk to bump up your calorie intake? And perhaps a tablespoon of another type of nut butter in there for good measure. :]
  • RileeMarie
    Options

Depending on whatyou use to mix the shakes with, try using whole milk to bump up your calorie intake? And perhaps a tablespoon of another type of nut butter in there for good measure. :]

Dr. has put me on a non-fat diet due to pain meds i am currently taking. i'm gonna take your advise and increase the protein shakes per day and as another posted decrease the exercise to 30-60 min 3-5 times a week and work on the strength which will be good due to a motor vehicle accident i was in a few years ago. just now got release to exercise (walking, cant run on the treadmill due to back/neck injury) and up my water intake. would really like to loose 10-15lbs by april 19 (vacation)
  • teener009
    teener009 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to peanuts also. Have you tried sunflower seed butter? It's in the natural foods aisle at the grocery store. I actually prefer it over peanut butter or almond butter!
  • helgao813
    helgao813 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I usually go for protein and if I am just short my calories go for almonds or walnuts which I keep at work. I can't eat peanuts and really don't like them but also snack on almond butter which i just tried for the first time and love it. It helps fill in those gaps.
  • RileeMarie
    Options
    I'm allergic to peanuts also. Have you tried sunflower seed butter? It's in the natural foods aisle at the grocery store. I actually prefer it over peanut butter or almond butter!

no i havent...but definitely will go get some, thanks for the tip
  • Jameshoover72
    Options
    Sweet potatoes pack alot of calories, good carbs, and nutients. I've started eating two cups per day which is about 650 calories give or t take. No need to overdue the protein if you get plenty, carbs are just as important.
  • RileeMarie
    RileeMarie Posts: 113
    Options
    Sweet potatoes pack alot of calories, good carbs, and nutients. I've started eating two cups per day which is about 650 calories give or t take. No need to overdue the protein if you get plenty, carbs are just as important.

i was told that last night by another friend (sweet potatoes), i just added my food intake and once again to high in protein and not enough calories...arrgghh. so tomorrow cutting back on protein and going to the store for higher calorie food. such as you suggested and what others have stated. i have a tendency of over exercising... and not in-taking enough calories. thanks for the tip..