Healthy Snack Options

Options
Hi everyone, I am looking for suggestions on healthy snacks for in between meals???

Replies

• mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Fruit, cut up vegetables, low fat string cheese, crackers and hummus, yogurt. Apples and PB, protein shake, hard boiled eggs. The lists are endless!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I usually go for fruits and veggies like strawberries, tangerines, bananas, baby carrots, etc. One of my favorite snacks is a Thomas Bagel Thin with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese. Fills me up and tastes great.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Fruit
    Raw Veggies alone or with hummus or peanut butter
    Nuts
    String Cheese
  • Antigone
    Antigone Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My two "go to" snacks right now are hard boiled eggs (make a big batch everty sunday night for my husband and I to have quick protein when we need it) and cream cheese fruit dip.

Two packages of fat free cream cheese
    Juice of 1-2 limes to taste
    1/4 cup of Truvia
    Soy milk to thin it up a bit (anywhere between a tablespoon and 1/4 cup)

Blend cream cheese, lime and Truvia in a food processor and then add milk till it's a consistancy you like. My daughter and I LOVE this stuff. We cut up some fresh pineapple, grapes, bananas, berries, etc and dip it.

Nutrition info (1/4 cup worth):
    Calories: 56
    Carbs: 8
    Fat: 0
    Protein: 7
  • iamlottiebee
    iamlottiebee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love yoghurt pots at the moment - A LOT!!. Museli bars (not chocolate coated ones, obviously!), crackers with vegemite, sour cream and chives flavoured rice wafers...
  • meshell1011
    Options
    My go to snacks are mostly veggies or fruits - cucumbers, carrots, celery (with or without peanut butter). banana, apple, organges-
    I also love rice cakes. I love the Quaker Cheddar Rice Cake Minis ( they remind me of cheetos) I also enjoy the chocolate one with peanut butter on it. I usually eat that before an early morning run. It gives me the carbs and the protein I need.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    My go to snacks are mostly veggies or fruits - cucumbers, carrots, celery (with or without peanut butter). banana, apple, organges-
    I also love rice cakes. I love the Quaker Cheddar Rice Cake Minis ( they remind me of cheetos) I also enjoy the chocolate one with peanut butter on it. I usually eat that before an early morning run. It gives me the carbs and the protein I need.

The mini rice cakes are great (the regular size ... not so much). I like the carmel corn flavored ones.

Lots of veggies; peppers, snap peas, and baby carrots. Yum!

I keep no sugar added, applesauce cups in my desk. Sugar free pudding is good too.

My afternoon pick me up is Chai tea with milk & honey (kind of a hot chocolate substitute)
  • imstartingwithme
    imstartingwithme Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love hard boiled eggs, string cheese, seeds, yoghurt, apple with a little bit of peanut butter and just fruit & veg in general.
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for some really useful snack foods, I was getting a bit bored with what I was eating. Hadn't thought about rice cakes, much lower in carbs compared to some Weight Watchers snack foods, and I love hummus. Thanks again :flowerforyou:
  • lmalcolm03
    Options
    WoW, thanks everyone for your support!! My body plateaus a lot, so this will definitely give it the variety it needs.
  • angelashay42
    Options
    Edamame is a really healthy snack. Buy a bag from the frozen vegeatable section of your grocery store. Pop them in the microwave for a couple minutes and you have a tasty, healthy, filling snack. Buy the ones still in their pods, they're much more fun to eat that way.
    1/2 cup has 90 calories, 8g carbs, 8g of fiber, 9g protein and is full of Vitamin C and Iron.

Tip: you can use them in place of garbanzo beans to make hummus dip or puree them with chicken stock and some salt to make a healthier version of mashed potatoes.