New girl here. :flowerforyou:

Options
Hi, my name is Julia.

I'm 150 lbs over my goal weight. I'm going to need help to keep my focus on losing most of my excess weight. For the 1st time, it's finally hit home that I need to do this not just to look and feel better but to live. I've survived cancer (lymphoma), double hip replacements, two major abdominal surgeries and diabetes (so far) just to list some of my health challenges. Why I find it such a challenge to stay on task with my diet and exercise baffles me. What better motivation could there be than to live past 49?

This site was given to me by my dietitian and I'm finding it to be a most helpful tool. With the help of this site and a few people who can relate to my battle of losing 100+, I feel pretty good about being successful this time.

Thanks for reading my introduction. I wish you all the success in reaching your goal!

Replies

• beck5500
    Options
    Hi Julia,
    First of all, I am so happy to hear that you beat cancer but so sorry you had to go through that. I have lost many family members to it. I am brand new to the site and am so far very excited at all of the opportunities for success on here. My biggest challenge in the past has been the motivation to stick with it. None of my friends struggle with their weight and my husband has never had to worry about his. So while they offer words of encouragement and try to say all of the right things, it isn't the same as someone who knows what you are going through. I am currently hoping to lose about 60 pounds. Although to be at my appropriate weight for my height I think I need to lose 90. But my goal is to start with 60! I would love to give you any motivation and support that you need! Feel free to friend me! Take care and good luck!
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I also have 100+ to lose. I've started a new program and have never felt better with supplements and detoxing. I have pcos and pkd, weight loss is essential for me. I love mfp and the bonds we create :) let me know if you need anything!!

All friend requests welcomed :)