Lunch ideas anyone?

Options
ae430
ae430 Posts: 1 Member
What do you bring to lunch for work? or what do you buy? I'm having a hard time thinking of new things to bring in to work.

Replies

• shevmg
    shevmg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I hear ya- it is hard for me too- these are some of the things I bring for lunch
    a wrap with either meat in the wrap or just a veggie wrap
    hummus with carrots & pita bread
    Subway or Quinzos
    a salad (I try to bring meat to put on my salad) for example chicken or a taco salad

I hope this helps
  • PsycheSC
    PsycheSC Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Not very original but I do salads. On Sunday I make them up ahead of time and just try to include a bunch of different vegetables. Then I will add either some kind of beans (chickpeas, lentils, etc) and/or meat like grilled chicken or crumbled turkey bacon. I try to mix it up with different dressings so I don't get bored. I've been doing this for a couple months now and I haven't gotten tired of it!
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I normally bring a peanut butter sandwich with extra peanut butter for lunch. Very cheap and quick to make. I really need to find something new and exciting since this is also what I eat when I get home.
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I make a big pot of vegetable bean soup on the weekend and take a bowl every day as part of my lunch...then I just fill in with other things...a salad with a veggie patty, some Ezekiel bread with hummus and tuna, a peanut butter and banana tortilla, some fruit and yogurt, leftovers from the night before, or whatever. Having the soup as a pre-made center has helped a lot, and it helps me fill up faster (I get a 20 minute lunch...blech).
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Bring 1/2 bagged salad and top with onions cooked down in 3oz.lean ground beef, 1/4cup black beans, and 1/4cup corn. Heat the ground beef mixture in microwave, pour over salad and sprinkle with a little shredded cheese. Taco salad!!! Yummy!!!!
  • bquillen
    bquillen Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i usually make extra at dinner time and take left overs....
  • jpfrimmer
    Options
    I mix up a lot of different things for lunch, here are some things I have on a regular basis.

Hard boiled egg whites
    Sliced cucumber
    Yogurt
    Strawberries
    Raspberries
    Bananas
    Pears
    Kiwi
    Cantalope
    Pineapple
    Melon
    Apples
    Cottage Cheese
    No sugar added apple sauce
    Laughing cow cheese
    Special K crackers or chips
    Babybel cheese
    Low fat string cheese
    Protein shakes/bars
    Deli meat
    Hummus with pita chips or veggies
    Sugar free jello
    Sugar free pudding
  • Melysa1988
    Melysa1988 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    soup and panini

Chicken/turkey wraps

Vegetarian chili
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    My lunches usually consist of left overs from the night before, salads (my favorite), soup (i make a batch and freeze in individual grab and go baggies), pita sandwich (pita pocket usually with chicken and veggies), or sometimes i make tortilla pizzas (tortilla with a little pizza sauce, moz. cheese, veggies or turkey peperoni and put in the toaster oven at work..yummy). or a plain old pb&j sandwich.
  • merlegirl88
    Options
    I like M&M meats, rice chicken bowls 290 calories, i get my protein and veggies and it fills me up sometimes I don't even eat it all, very filling and very yummy to boot..........
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with berries, nuts and hemp seeds! I also bring a lot of leftovers from my homemade dinners so nothing goes to waste. Pita bread and hummus is always good. I try and fill up on fruits and vegetable to make sure I feel like I've had enough to eat. If I'm at home I'll make a salad with baby spinach, goat cheese, dried cranberries, pecans and Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I love having pita chips and hummus as a snack in my lunch. you can buy so many different flavors, make your own, or change out the chips with pretzels (I do it very often in my lunch).
  • Justice96
    Options
    Tuna wraps are delicious.
    Make your tuna and spread it on a whole wheat tortilla wrap, then add some babys spinach, chopped grapes, chopped cucumber and pepper to taste, Roll it up and yum ;)

Yogurt and granola are another fav of mine. You could also try bringing frozen lean cusine meals to work and heating them up there, or even soup.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Tuna w/ hummus, salsa, onions, whole wheat bread/tortilla, maybe some avocado. I eat this pretty much daily.
  • wise1owl
    Options
    raw baby carrots for snacks, no dip, and $1 Banquet frozen meals, many are under 300 cal. It won't fill you up but it will get you thru the day.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I rotate salads & soup, there are endless combinations. I like to add nuts. ground flax or sunflower seeds to salad, golden raisins or dried fruit.

I loved a wrap with: a tortilla, cream cheese, turkey and a little jalapeno jelly.

I like a Tex-Mex salad with greens, chicken, queso fresco, cilantro, jalapenos, salsa, avocado.

I've also been known to eat a can of salmon and a glass of water and call it lunch...
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    The gas station that I stop at in the morning for my coffee has pre-made salads; Chicken Supreme Salad - 150 calories, Chef Salad - 120 calories. Add on Fat free Ranch dressing for 35 calories and you've got a very low cal, filling lunch.

Chicken supreme includes chicken and chopped ham, fancy shredded cheddar cheese and mixed greens
    Chef Salad includes crumbled bacon, about a quarter of a hard boiled egg and fancy shredded cheddar with the mixed greens

Mind you these are very small amounts of meat and cheese, like enough for color but it still tastes good! :happy:
  • cpotter4
    cpotter4 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Raw veggie sticks (whatever is on sale at the time, typically cucumbers, sweet bell peppers, baby carrots, or grapes). Half of a fold-it flatbread with 1 tablespoon peanut butter. A fruit (again, whatever is on sale, typically apples, oranges, bananas, pineapple or melon). Rice crackers (pay attention to serving size). Wraps (stray away from plain ones and find the ones that are flavored like garden veggie for a difference). Greek yoghurt (to mix it up put 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon in it). Dried fruit (prunes, apricots).
    Can't think of anything else I usually take at the moment...
  • arizonaladybug
    arizonaladybug Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I bring lean Cuzines and those dole salad bags. I get the already grilled chicken tyson and put grilled chicken on top the salad kits have everything already in them. I aslo do progressive soups...Sandwiches are bad cuz they are high in calories unless you do it right