PB2

Options
Whats the big deal with PB2? Is it any good?

Replies

• cocomcan
    cocomcan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is AMAZING! PB is one of my issues and this helped cut down my calories! I highly suggest it! The chocolate one is my favorite!
  • ZumbaBeast86
    Options
    What is PB2? I keep hearing about it but have no idea what it is.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    powdered peanut butter
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

Powdered peanut butter. 2tbs is 40 calories as opposed to 200 for normal peanut butter.

They take peanuts and squeeze 80% of the fat out (they sell peanut oil as well!) and grind it into a powder. Then you add water.

You are essentially replacing fatty peanut oil with water.

I'd love to buy some but no local stores carry it and you can only buy two at a time!
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It's roasted peanuts that have been pressed to remove the fat/oil. It comes as a powder that you mix with water to make a PB paste. I love it! I add it to my chocolate whey protein with ice and stevia to make a peanut butter cup shake. Yum!
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    PB2 is real peanut butter with 85% of the fat removed. It comes in powder form which you mix with water. At 45 calories a serving (2 TABLESPOONS) compared to 190 calories for traditional peanut butter...it really is AMAZING.
    Oh, and it's delicious! I'm a peanut butter junkie and I totally love this product!
  • azure7
    Options

Powdered peanut butter. 2tbs is 40 calories as opposed to 200 for normal peanut butter.

They take peanuts and squeeze 80% of the fat out (they sell peanut oil as well!) and grind it into a powder. Then you add water.

You can get the 16oz bags on Amazon. It's a better buy and you can buy as many as you want. I usually combine it with something else to get the free Super Saver shipping

I'd love to buy some but no local stores carry it and you can only buy two at a time!
  • dandybug
    dandybug Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm crazy about PB2! I'm shocked at how tasty it really is. I put a little bit in banana smoothies. I don't even buy regular peanut butter any more. I know it's a little expensive, but frankly I don't care. I can get my peanut butter fix and not stress out over the calories. Really, give it a try. You won't be sorry.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    What stores sell it? Is it only at places like GNC? Or would I do well to find it at organic food stores?
  • HotKanye
    HotKanye Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If you have a high powered blender you can buy natural peanut butter, drain off the oil and blend it up with water for something similar. It won't be quite as low calorie/fat because you can't press all of the oil out but it's definitely an improvement and you get more PB than came in the jar.
  • azure7
    Options
    You can get the 16oz bags on Amazon. It's a better buy and you can buy as many as you want. I usually combine it with something else to get the free Super Saver shipping
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options

You can order it online at www.bellplantation.com
    You can order it by the case or in 4 lb bags, you can also just order 4 jars.
    Several of us at the office order a case (sometimes 2) and split the cost.
  • Ifly4free
    Ifly4free Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I eat it every day with an apple. I get my peanut butter fix and not all the calories. I tried it on bread and in oatmeal, but just not the same. The apple makes it sweeter and I think they go great together.
    A great, healthy snack and I purchase mine from Amazon.
  • samhelen
    Options
    can i tell you all that this information just made me fall in love with each and every one of you and I don't even know any of you! :)
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I DO NOT like it plain with just water added, however when added to a smoothie, or put some jelly/jam/preserves on bread and sprinkle it on it's powdery heaven.
  • floweringcurrant
    floweringcurrant Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am used to eating natural peanut butter without sugar, and I really don't like PB2. I tried liking it and I don't, at least not on it's own. It did taste good blended in a smoothie with some bananas and I could see it being good in a savory peanut sauce. Otherwise, I'd much rather have 1 tablespoon of the original for 90 calories.
  • cmw9696
    cmw9696 Posts: 123
    Options
    Found it in my local grocery in the health food section. I was surprised how much I liked it!
  • bjfrezell
    Options
    I buy it at Netrition.com but you can also get it at Amazon.com. Chocolate PB2 is my favorite. And while it's not EXACTLY like regular peanut butter, it's a darn good substitute.
  • rahmyers
    rahmyers Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I like to make mine up with a dash of salt and a pinch of splenda, then you let it sit for a couple of minutes. It tastes just like juff to me that way :)
  • annecolorgreen
    annecolorgreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I use it in my protein smoothie in the morning. Pure protein chocolate whey powder, almond milk (or coffee), banana, and pb2...tasty :). Oh, and I've started adding a handful of spinach and it's really a great way to get a veggie serving in.