Sooo what if I ate 1,500 and that was all fruit. Should I re

Options
But what I really want to know is if I eat 3,500 calories worth of fruit would I gain a pound? Would it be healthy? Could I do it everyday?

And when I say fruit I mean raw fruit as in a whole pinneapple or melon, etc,????

Replies

• YMark
    YMark Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Keep that up and hope that a toilet is always near by. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish doing this.

EDIT: Your topic says 1500 and your text says 3500. Either one is a poor idea.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie is a calorie. If you eat 3,500 more calories than you burn, then yes, you will gain a pound.
    I'd imagine that the pineapple acid would erode your tongue before you even hit 500!
  • ballardr1
    Options
    the 3500 is a guideline, everybody is different. Need to eat a balanced diet to be healthy.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    There's no precise way of determining your weight gain, but you'll be severely lacking several micronutrients as well as the needed dietary fat and protein.
  • zincalloy
    Options
    Keep that up and hope that a toilet is always near by. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish doing this.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

That would be some crazy amount of fruit.
  • blueandigo
    Options
    You failed to answer the question and before you jump to conclusions I am not doing this. I just want to know because I am a curious person.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    There's no precise way of determining your weight gain, but you'll be severely lacking several micronutrients as well as the needed dietary fat and protein.

as well as sitting on the toilet all day with lose stools, I'll bet
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer: I am not a scientist and basically always 100% wrong.

Fruit is not necessarily that healthy for you, especially in large quantities. It is high in sugar. Your body can only take in so much sugar before it starts to convert it into fat for storage.

It reminds me of those movies with some fat white dude emperor being fed grapes by a bunch of hot slave chicks.

Like all things, moderation.

Here's an interesting read: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa14.htm
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    If you ate 1500 calories worth of fruit, be prepared for explosive diarrhea. Also, your body wouldn't be happy at the lack of protein and fat, but that's about all that would happen.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

exactly
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer: I am not a scientist and basically always 100% wrong.

Fruit is not necessarily that healthy for you, especially in large quantities. It is high in sugar. Your body can only take in so much sugar before it starts to convert it into fat for storage.

It reminds me of those movies with some fat white dude emperor being fed grapes by a bunch of hot slave chicks.

Like all things, moderation.

Here's an interesting read: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa14.htm

I agree... Thats so much sugar!
  • YMark
    YMark Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie is a calorie. If you eat 3,500 more calories than you burn, then yes, you will gain a pound.
    I'd imagine that the pineapple acid would erode your tongue before you even hit 500!

Technically you're correct. However, one should have a ratio of protein, carbs, and healthy fats. If two identical twins both ate 2000 calories a day, but one ate 2000 calories of gum drops, and one ate 2000 calories of 40/30/30 ratio, I'm sure you'd be able to tell who was on which diet.

So eating 3500 calories all from fruit would not be wise.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Would it be healthy?

Put the phrase "essential amino acids" into wikipedia.

Or I can just save you the trouble: no.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    If your question is "does it matter where my calories come from, should I lose weight eating just one kind of food" then the answer is "quite probably", if you are keeping your calories under control its likely. Google the "twinkie diet".

Of course, eating any one kind of food is never going to provide healthy nutrition for an omnivore so you might get thinner but you wouldn't get healthier for the long term.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    You failed to answer the god damned question and before you jump to conclusions I am not doing this. I just want to know because I am a curious person.

no reason to get snippy
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You failed to answer the god damned question and before you jump to conclusions I am not doing this. I just want to know because I am a curious person.

no reason to get snippy

Oscar is probably grouchy because all he's eating is fruit!
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options

I think plenty of people tried to answer your question. What I don't see is a reason you feel you need to curse at them...
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options

Nice language...and you asked 2 questions...would I gain weight and would it be healthy, and if you actually read the answers, you get your answers....Yes, you would gain weight, unless you burn more than 3500 cals, and no its not healthy to eat only fruit.
  • rwa3457986
    Options
    read 80/10/10. There are lots of people who eat that much fruit and more daily :) They are some of the healthiest people i've seen.
  • reneealyse
    Options
    You'd gain weight for sure - more than a pound as fruit is full of sugar. I limit my fruit to two servings a day. Plus you'd get sick of fruit , you'd be on the toilet all the time, and you'd probably turn into a pineapple :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.