New to the website

Options
I have only been a member for a few days but I really love it. I am 45 years old and I have been dieting for the past 6 years. I started out at 252 lbs and now I am at 164 lbs. I am very proud of myself for making this far, however I can't seem to get past 164 lbs. I have been stuck at this weight for over a year now. I know I am not doing something right but I don't know what. I need help getting past this. My biggest problem is snacking on the wrong foods. Sometime I just can't control myself, but for the most part I am able to eat right and workout at least 5 days a week. Can someone please give me some advise as to what I need to change to get past the 164 mark. My goal weight is 130 lbs and I would love to reach that goal within 12 months. Thanks again for your input to help me reach my goal. :smile:

Replies

• dragomom
    dragomom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, feel free to add me.
  • timmomo
    Options
    Welcome--come on, lessgo! Add me, see you on the walking path! --Timmo
  • linwade
    Options
    Thanks guys for wantin to be friends with me.....I need all the help I can get on this journey.
  • Robyn45
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • melindagtorres
    Options
    I'm just getting signed up this evening to start in on this journey in the morning! I am a fairly active girl, biking, jogging, group fitness classes as of late, etc. I am happy about the muscle and toning that is happening but I can't seem to get rid of this mid-section that I hate to look at. I'm hoping that with keeping such close track of my calorie in-take I might be able to tackle my problem area more easily! I have been trying to do low-carb type eating and am freaked out that this program is suggesting 184g carbs/day......geeesh, I was trying to keep it under 20g/day........any thoughts?!? I am excited to see what happens by the end of March!

Thanks for reading! Keep on keepin' on!!!
  • bigbro00
    Options
    I have just joined to the weight loss world........ Please add me ;->
  • oldancer
    Options
    I'm relatively new to this app/site, too, but one of the things I've noticed is that it's hard to get away from carbs. My husband and I cook mostly from scratch so I don't get too much of the processed foods in my diet. My calories are always way under, and my carbs are significantly under, but they're still about 100g. Just remember that carbs are "hidden" in lots of good food. Broccoli, plain, fresh, one of the best foods for you, has 8g of carbs in a 4 oz. serving!
  • GregS
    GregS Posts: 11
    Options
    well i just want to welcome you to this sight. and wish you luck. and if you want i would like to have you as a support buddy. be strong and you will get to where you want to be.