Super yummy Tuna Fishcakes

Options
Daisy80
Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
Hi all

I just tried a new recipe and it was so super tasty that I though I'd share it. I served the fish cakes with a nice salad and it was such a great lunch. I think it would also be great for a work lunch as I would imagine the cakes could be made ahead and then eat cold or microwave!

I'll definitely make them again very soon.

I found the recipe on a website that is full of great low carb recipes and will post the link at the bottom of the post.
In the original recipe they are called muffins but to me Tuna Muffin doesn't sound very nice so I renamed them :smile:

TUNA OR SALMON MUFFINS
2 6-ounce cans tuna or salmon, drained well
2 eggs
1/4 cup celery, chopped fine, 1 ounce
2 tablespoons onion, chopped fine, 1/2 ounce
1/4 cup green pepper, minced, 1 ounce
2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper, to taste
Pinch Old Bay seasoning

Mix all of the ingredients and spoon into 6 well-greased muffin cups. Bake at 350º for 30 minutes until puffed, set and lightly browned around the edges.

Makes 6 servings
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 109 Calories; 8g Fat; 12g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carbs

I serve these with Tartar Sauce or Chipotle Mayo. They are also really good topped with sautéed peppers, onions and mushrooms, then a bit of the Chipotle Mayo. Click the photo to see a close-up.

Here's a slightly larger recipe:

TUNA OR SALMON MUFFINS
Three 6 ounce cans tuna or salmon, well-drained
3 eggs
1 stalk celery, chopped fine
1/2 medium green pepper, chopped fine, 2 1/4 ounces
3 tablespoons onion, chopped fine, 2 ounces
1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded

Mix all of the ingredients and spoon into 12 well-greased muffin cups. Bake at 350º for 30 minutes until puffed, set and lightly browned around the edges.

Makes 12 servings
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 109 Calories; 8g Fat; 12g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carbs

Link:
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/tuna_muffins.html

Replies