Quick! How much does the tooth fairy pay

Options
Rae6503
Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
these days? We have our first lost tooth. She says the girl at daycare got $5. That seems a little steep.... But I guess we don't want to ruin the illusion by paying less.

Replies

• AlysonBug
    AlysonBug Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I always just got a dollar. When my younger brother lost his first tooth he got $50 so....idk lol.
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    these days? We have our first lost tooth. She says the girl at daycare got $5. That seems a little steep.... But I guess we don't want to ruin the illusion by paying less.

First Tooth- $3.00
    Each tooth after-$1.50
  • Masachapa
    Options
    We gave our kids $5 for the first one lost and then $1 for each subsequent. I never heard them complain!
  • CAWStar
    Options
    5 Bucks
  • MattysWoman
    Options
    We did one dollar for the first tooth and twenty five cents after.. Tooth fairy is cheap here ! Lol you could tell her the tooth fairy gives out different amounts for how clean it is, which tooth it is and so on. Good luck!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Your biggest coin... in my part of the world that would be $2.
    I don't think the tooth fairy carries paper money.
  • fguillory
    Options
    i got a dollar a tooth growing up
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i plan to give 5 for first tooth and 1 for everyother and i have to give more to her for her "princess tooth" cause her dentist told her its special lmao (its a silver cap)
  • MattysWoman
    Options
    A story my mom tells me: she forgot to put money under my pillow once... I cried.... Then she told me well your room wasn't clean she didn't dare go in your room she might break her neck.... Yea well I believed my mom and boy did I clean up my room in a hurry! lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,633 Member
    Options
    I've been giving $5 dollars. Had no idea what the going rate was, but I'm stuck now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • zincalloy
    Options
    I always thought you were meant to leave a coin. Seems strange putting a note there.

Our kids get a £2 coin for each tooth.
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I vote for a silver dollar (coin).
  • penney88
    Options
    When I was younger I got a toonie (2 dollars for all you US of A'er's) for each tooth
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    $2 bill or a silver dollar.. the tooth fairy only deals in unique currency..
  • kiwinik
    kiwinik Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    $5 New Zealand Dollars for one without a hole or filling. I deduct $$$ for holey teeth to encourage them to BRUSH!!!
  • AussieMisfit
    AussieMisfit Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think she pays more for the bigger ones. They're much better for building her house.
  • jmulldome
    Options
    My kids are getting $2, although I'm sure if I explain the status of our economy to them, they'll understand why they will get less.
  • jodianne123
    jodianne123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I pay my kids $3.00.
  • xonashwaox
    Options
    Back in the 80's I always received a dollar...with inflation and the rise of taxes lol I now give my children five dollars lol!! Can't get anything for a dollar now a days shoot even a daym BIG STICK from the ice cream truck which used to cost 25 cents now costs $1.25!!!
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    We just gave our kids $1 for each tooth.