NO Space!!!

Options
I live in a old house with 5 other people. I have no space to do exercise videos. If I do running in place, jumping jacks, etc, the house moves with me, and then my roommates ***** at me. I try to walk as much as possible, and I do Zumba twice a week, but I feel like I'm not doing enough. Any suggestions, other than going to a gym, cause I can't afford that right now!

Replies

• penney88
    Options
    LOL I just posted to a very similar post:

I just started MFP and I've been using my wii only for my workout (plus the daily handling's of a 1 year old!). My living room is very tight, we live in an apartment too, but it works for wii.
    I currently play (nice to say play for working out!) wii fit, just dance 3, and wii my personal trainer. Im not dropping pounds (yet) but i have lost inches!
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Exercise outside. It's not that cold in Missouri. Go running, buy a jump rope, get some dumbells at a second hand store, go for a bike ride, do stairs on the steps in the front of the house, etc.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Run or walk around your neighbourhood (unless its under 10 feet of snow in which case I can't relate).
    Do any of the parks near you have gym equipment? Or playground equipment that you can use once the kids have gone home? My friend used to practice going across the monkey bars and hanging on the flying fox - great for upper body strenghth.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    lol...thankfully snow has not been an issue this year. Long overdue for a mild winter here. I walk outside as much as possible, I don't run. I don't have a bike, saving up to buy one. I was never any good at jump rope, but I guess its worth another try, considering I haven't attempted that since high school gym class. We do have a decent backyard, I could go do jumping jacks or running in place, etc. there, and not have ta worry about the house shaking lol. We have several parks, but most of them the monkeys bars are too low, for an adult to swing across. I love to swing and that works the legs, but not sure if I can count that as exercise?
    Thank-you for the ideas :)
  • erogers85
    Options
    If you have a smart phone you could get the workouts app by skimble. It's free and has tons of circuit training workouts with instructions on each exercise and built in timers. It would be great to use in the backyard!
  • returningmyfatsuit
    Options
    I don't have much space and also have people living on all sides of me. I got a wii and I like wii fit (though I guess it gets a bit monotonous...) and Just Dance. If any dancing requires jumping or house shaking you can just make up a modification. This has been working really well for me as something I can do inside.

Has a pricetage, though. :/ butttt.. Cheaper than an elliptical!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    oh cool, yea I have a droid, so I might look into that app :)