Working Out Twice A Day On 1350 Calories?

Options
do u think working out twice a day for an 1 hour each time is necessary when your on 1350 calories?

Replies

• littlebluej
    littlebluej Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Necessary for what? Are you training for something?
  • blueivycarter
    Options
    to lose weight
  • big2thin86
    Options
    What's your height/weight?

I'm going off around 1400 - 1700 calories a day going to the gym 6 days a week. It's working pretty well, I eat maybe half my exercise calories back on my strength days. I would say as long as you don't feel feint and you are feeling good, do what you are comfortable with.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    could you be any more vague?

height, weight, what sort of exercise?

In saying that unless you're about 4" tall and 90lbs then that is not enough food.

Also, I assume you want to lose FAT not just weight right?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    No.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    more info?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Exercise is not required for weight loss. Calorie deficits as compared to your Total Daily Energy Expenditure number will cause weight loss, exercise is only a tool for creating more deficit.
  • PlatinumPiggy
    Options
    I eat back my exercise calories so my body always takes in 1200 cals including the exercise calories. Found this the best way to lose weight. When I was eating under my weight plateud and I ended up binging laods on weekends coz I had starved mysely basically. MY ADVICE- EAT YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES. YOU ARE ALREADY RESTRICTING TO WHAT YOUR BODY NEEDS WHEN YOU'RE ON HERE.
  • justtamy
    Options
    No. But whoever said work off what u eat is right. Eat away!.. but exercise, do cardio, and keep ur net calories at about 1200 or below. And take some multi-vitamins.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    No. But whoever said work off what u eat is right. Eat away!.. but exercise, do cardio, and keep ur net calories at about 1200 or below. And take some multi-vitamins.

she hasn't even given her stats. How can you give out random cal targets?

What works for one will not necessarily work for another. (or be healthy long term specifically re damaging metabolism)
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    it doesn't matter what her stats are. 2hrs working out is not necessary. it's okay if you are doing it for a couple of weeks.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    it doesn't matter what her stats are. 2hrs working out is not necessary. it's okay if you are doing it for a couple of weeks.

agreed :)

If the goal was olympic athlete or something then 2hrs a day could be necessary :tongue:
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I lost 5 pounds this week by actually bumping my calories from 1200 to 1400 so everyone is different. I work out 4-5 times a week for 30-60 minutes, so it just goes to show how different each person is. No idea how I lost that much weight in one week!
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I think you can exercise however much you want as long as you keep your food intake up. If you plan on working that hard and not eating enough I can tell you from personal experience that just makes you tired and hungry.

Food and burn should be in a balance that helps you, not hurts you.
  • DianaJaneD
    DianaJaneD Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Working out is fine as long as you are logging your exercise and eating back the exercise calories. Otherwise, you'll be harming your metabolism and not getting the results you want. You would be losing muscle!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    wheres the stats :huh:
  • jacquie1969
    jacquie1969 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on why? Are you training? Do you just want to lose weight? Exercise certainly is a huge component in weight loss, just be careful that you don't put your body through too much stress e.g. starvation mode. If you are comfortable with what you are doing... Go for it!
  • hyfrydle
    hyfrydle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 1in current SW 177.5lb last Wednesday. My calorie allowance is 1320 based on this.
    I walk at a moderate pace for no more than 30 minutes daily. (Partly up very steep hill!) I havn't bothered eating up the extra calories as the excercise isn't that difficult.
    This morning i had lost 3lb so my CW is 174.5lb

I think if I did a lot more excercise like yourself (2 hours) I would need to eat more calories to ensure my metabolism stays high. The metabolism will slow down dramatically when in starvation mode.
  • blueivycarter
    Options
    5'7, 182lbs

i hit a plateau and have been 182 for 2 months now, im trying to change something in my routine to get off this plateau
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    It's not necessary, but if you want to, do it! :)

I do a morning workout and an afternoon workout a few days a week (unless I'm exhausted). It helps keep me focused throughout the day and I feel better about myself. I eat plenty, so I don't think it's an issue.

Do what works for you. And if you try it and it doesn't or you don't like it, make adjustments.