INSANITY anyone??? (support group)

Options
I am getting ready to start the Insanity program on Monday, March 5th. Is anyone interested in forming a support group? I hear this program is really intense, but I'm willing to give it a try. How about you?

Replies

• Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting the 1st... we'll see how that goes... but I'm all about a support group!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I started it a while ago after P90X...then I sprained my back doing it...it's effing crazy
  • kaduka01
    Options
    I thought about starting on the 1st also, but the way the workout calendar is set up the fit test starts on a Monday and I know I would lose track of days and go wrong somewhere lol.
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I thought about starting on the 1st also, but the way the workout calendar is set up the fit test starts on a Monday and I know I would lose track of days and go wrong somewhere lol.

Lol... true... I was just going to remake the calander on March's... I hope that made sense.
    (transcribe the workout calendar to a regular March calendar)
  • FemmeFataleSDJ
    Options
    I've completed it...you're going to LOVE it,just stick with it. That first week is brutal but after that,you'll find your groove. I'm doing a hybrid of P90X/Turbo Fire right now but I would love to support you all on the journey to DIG DEEP!!
  • ifrit89
    ifrit89 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with P90X. Thought of doing Insanity after this, but I don't like the fact that it doesn't have any weight training. I think I'll do either P90X again or a P90X/Insanity hybrid on the 6th. So I have like 6 days to decide.
  • traciehough
    Options
    I've been doing the Insanity DVDs for a couple of years now and they STILL kick my butt! If you are just starting out, the trick is DON'T try to keep up with Shaun T or the group. In fact, if you actually watch the video you'll notice a lot of the participants can't keep up either. And Shaun T himself does a lot of walking around. I suggest you go at your own pace and believe me, you will still get a work out! Also, the majority of the DVDs are cardio and plyometric workouts, but you'll be doing a lot of aerobic and anaerobic type exercises that mimic sports camps and military basic training drills. Don't expect results like if you would do traditional weight training, but you will build some muscle. Plus, my DVDs came with a weights segment that I think is pretty good so if you still want to weight train that can be used for cross-training purposes. Good luck!