Female weight lifters?

Options
Hi guys, I'm Jen from Melbourne Australia. Looking for friends who are into strength training, power lifting, bodybuilding etc!

Here's my crazy story! ;)

I was a little overweight (80kgs) from the age of 18-21. I got into cardio at Fernwood women's gyms and got down to a healthy weight of 65kg.

Unfortunately from the age of 21-22 had an abusive ex boyfriend and I got into the drug scene.

By Dec 2010 I was seriously underweight at 53.5kg. I'm 5"9 so I looked like a junkie. I developed depression & anxiety and knew I was sick.
I decided to quit drugs (very heavy marijuana use, occasional speed & acid use). I took myself to the doctor for medication.

Thankfully, Ive always been a self motivator and have been able to realize where I'm at & what I need to do.
I dug myself out of that hole and sorted my life out. I worked in a nursing home for a few months and realized how important health is.
If you don't have your health, you have nothing.

Now, about 14 months after quitting drugs, I am the happiest & healthiest I have ever been!
I'm engaged to my high school love and getting married this November.
He is an ex strongman & power lifter and trains me at our gym.

I've been back into fitness since Jan 2011 and have recently switched from Fernwood to a weights gym, Apollo. It's basically a warehouse full of weights ;)

1 month ago I switched from bodybuilder to strength style training. Amazing results! Now my fiancé is training me, my max weights have gone up drastically. (max for one rep)
I am currently using the 5/3/1 program as a template.

Squats: prev max 35kg, current max 65kg
Bench press: prev max 15kg, current max 35kg

I am more motivated than ever and am weight training min 4 times a week for 1-2hrs. I throw in cardio after weights, and walk our dogs for 30min every day. I am currently 68.5 kg and am looking more buff each week :D

I use a pre workout shake, follow my workouts with whey protein isolate mixed with waxy maize starch. At night I drink a milk protein concentrate for slow release.

My goals for this year are to increase my cardio and drop my body fat level a little. I want to squat 80kg by mid year and bench 50kg.

My motto, "Balls up and get it done"

STRONG IS THE NEW SEXY ;)

I hope my story inspires some of you ladies to lift heavy ;)

Replies