Know of any good low cal breakfast foods??

Options
Im struggling with using up alot of calories just with breakfast alone. Does anyone have any low cal breakfast foods they know of???

Replies

• nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal! :D You can buy some calorie controlled sachets too. And that stuff keeps you so full :)

Also egg white scramble with veggies!
  • jandk09
    jandk09 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i dont like the consistency of oatmeal, tried that...:((, but eggs white with salsa i love, thanks
  • surferfreak07
    surferfreak07 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes :D Blogilates.com has loads of nice low fat breakfasts :)
  • mlybrn
    mlybrn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've started eating porridge for breakfast with about 180ml low fat milk and some sweetener (Canderel). It's only about 110 cals per bowl and it keeps me full for ages. I normally don't like eating early but it's stopping me reaching for the snacks later on.

If I wanted to make it really healthy, I could ditch the sweetener for some blueberries or something. Maybe next week :)

Eggs are good too!
  • Kayleighpaul1985
    Kayleighpaul1985 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have crumpets with extra low fat laughing cow - 190 cals

xx
  • justtamy
    Options
    Oatmeal has too many carbs.
  • jodieh06
    Options
    gotta love weetabix! filling, tasty, and all for about 200 cals :)
  • justtamy
    Options
    Eggs with salsa and avocado, and cheese. Lo carbs.
  • jarrodc
    jarrodc Posts: 102
    Options
    I have oatmeal every single morning pretty much... But there's nothing wrong with some veges or fruit in the morning! Fruit is best IMO, good amount of carbs & nutrients to give you a little kick of energy to start things off for the day.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    A lot of my breakfasts contains eggs. I love omelette's.

My omelette consist of:

3 Egg Whites with 1 Yolk
    About 30ml of Skimmed Milk
    Some Herbs, Black Pepper and a bit of Salt.
    1 Quorn Sausage, cut into pieces and fried.
    1 Quarter to 1 Half of a Pepper (Red, Yellow, or Green)
    1 Quarter Red Onion
    2 Medium Sized Mushrooms

I fry the Quorn Sausage first, and put a little black pepper. I use spray oil for everything just so you know. Not many calories in spray oil. While that's cooking, I start cutting up the veggies into small to medium sized pieces. By the time I have finished cutting them up, the sausage is almost done, put the veggies in and mix it around a bit. While they are frying a bit, I get my 3 egg whites with one yolk into a container, shake it up, put my herbs, black pepper, salt and the 30ml of skimmed milk in. Shake it up again and pour it into the frying pan.

I usually have trouble flipping over the omelette in the frying pan, so I put the grill on, once my omelette is almost done, the top of it moves around like jelly, but isn't too liquidy. Put it under the grill for a bit.

I also have Heinz Baked Beans, Reduced Salt and Sugar version. I have a quarter of the tin which is half of the serving they recommend. Pop them in the microwave for about a minute, take out stir, and pop in for 30 seconds. Take out the omelette and put on the plate. Pour the beans on the side or on the omelette if you want.

There you have it, I managed to calculate all of the nutrition of my omellete and it's only 216 calories, 9g fat, 2g saturated fat, 1g poly fat, 2g mono fat, 19g carbs, 3g fibre, 6g sugar and 47g protein. Adding the Baked Beans will give you more protein and fibre. So it's around a 300 calorie meal I would say.
  • VezNo1
    VezNo1 Posts: 83
    Options
    Fage total 0 yogurt, banana or berries, with a little honey. Really creamey and vey low in cals and carbs
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

They are good carbs though as they have resistant starch which doesnt get into the blood stream and not digested.

I recommend the carb lovers diet book, its really taught me alot about carbs
    xxx
  • rachelwesson
    Options
    :smile:
  • nicorolla
    Options
    1. Oatmeal/Muesli
    2. Eggs and veggie omelette
    3. Wheatbread veggie sandwich
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs :) Mmm
    O
    Smoothie? Just made one today that's 281 cals...could possibly be lowered with less yoghurt and no protein powder
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options

They are good carbs though as they have resistant starch which doesnt get into the blood stream and not digested.

I recommend the carb lovers diet book, its really taught me alot about carbs
    xxx
    I agree I started this journey last year with this book. There's a website too that has info and recipes.
  • dcyr009
    Options
    Fiber One Honey Squares is 80 calories per 3/4 of a cup. 40% of the recomended daily fiber. I have 2 servings with a cup of 1% milk which is 110 calories. It tastes great and I feel full.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I remember when I lived in the states they had Kashi Go Lean (whichever one had like 9g of protein) and it was like 140 cal for a cup, and was packed with fibre too.

In aus we have Artisan foods Cinnamon spelt flakes which are only 160 cal a cup, also with fibre and protein :)

Otherwise there are plenty of fibre cereals out there that boast a ridiculously low cal content, but high in fibre and protein
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothy, a banana a strawberry and some half fat milk, throw it in the liquidiser, you can add 1/2 a spoon of sugar if you really need it, I don't use sugar thou
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese