hi i'm new here!

Options
Hello all..
i just signed up :)
i am a mom of 4 smallies.. and now i had to bite the bullet and take
weight loss serious :)
I've gained 20 (about 45 pounds) over the past 8 years.. and it
is my aim to lose it.. go back to 67 kilo's :) (about 135 pounds)..
Right now i'm 87 kilo's (174 pounds) way to heavy.
I've been going to the gym for 5 months now but i can't stick to a diet..
I lost nearly 20 pounds in the first month, but then i got sick and let
the gym slip away.. so i gained a lot back.
I really need to stay motivated i guess.. i have a long way to go but hopefully
with the help of this site it will be a lot easier.

Replies

• redsteve65
    redsteve65 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I joined in January and found the site to be invaluable. Its scary how many calories certain foods contain and how easily they add up. But the support on here is great and everybody seems to be doing really well.
  • traceyjolli
    Options
    Well done for joining. thats the first step. I have found MFP amazing. I have dieted on and off for years, never really knowing how much I was eating or exercising, just guesstimating. Now, I realise where I have been going wrong all these years.

I have bought myself some food scales and weigh everything... its amzing what you think is 100gms and what really is!!

Also, try not to think of it as a diet... its a healthier way of living... I always find that when Im on a diet, then its gotta end at some stage... hence, getting there, stopping and putting it all back on!!! I realise, to keep healthy, it cannot end, its got to be a lifestye change forever.

feel free to add as a friend xx and good luck x
  • joayjojo
    Options
    I'm new too! I have only been on this discussion board twice cos I mostly use my phone to log on to the myfitnesspal app. Just looking for a few friends to help motivate me along :) add me if that sounds like you and I'll do the same.
  • tlancz01
    Options
    I understand where you are at! I have four children too and gained weight over the course. My goal when I started was to lose 25 lbs. Since starting Myfitnesspal I have lost 8 lbs (1 month). I have always exercised but never dieted; however, with wanting to lose weight I realized that I also needed to start watching my calories.

It's hard to stick to but tracking calories and adding exercise is definately what I needed. I love the way you can calculate your calories, fat, etc. and also see how many calories are burned during exercise (approximate).

I wish you luck in your weight loss!