Insanity UNFIT test

Options
I thought I would try out insanity starting on the 1st March, just completed the fit test , or unfit test !!! My scores were pathetic !!! What is going on haha!! After doing Jillian michaels - a mixture of dvd's for the last year on / off - getting bored and not motivated to stick to it. I decided to start gymming it regularly recently but not really seeing results and didn't feel too confident with my running technique! I would say I was moderatly active have a busy job and probably exercise twice a week but I know I am seriously going to have to up my game which i knew when i was reading all these reviews!!

I feel pretty demotivated already - Oh Dear !! Hopefully I can stick to this as I do want to see a big improvement in cardio levels and generally just want to be a healthier me !!

Woooo here's to excerices !

Kayleigh x

Any advice ? or anybody else starting now ?

Replies

• MissClarey
    Options
    I've been trying to lose weight for a month and haven't gotten anywhere, so I'm really having to kick myself to get going too. Please don't give up :D it will be so, so worth it in the end!
  • Pongo824
    Options
    My son and I are starting tonight I hope to be able just to get through it at my own pace. Listen up now exercise is a state of mind you must set or make up your mind to stick it out make yourself do what you know you need to do it will come a lot easier as time goes on. I hate to get out of bed in the morning and go to the gym but I do and when I get done I feel so recharged it's almost like a high for me if I miss going I have a guilt trip. Good luck with the Insanity
  • hi3cho
    hi3cho Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity last week so I am in Day 10, It does really kick your butt even though I am in good shape. It says you should be pretty fit to even start Insanity, however I dont think that is neccesarily true. I think just attempting it is a good workout and better than just running or normal cardio. I wouldnt get discouraged by the fit test results because it is designed for improvement when you retake throughout the 60 days.
  • StephnElbow
    StephnElbow Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i just did the fit test yesterday and my results were pretty sad as well hahaha. i workout with running, elliptical, spin class and other classes 5-6 days a week and i thought i would do better as well. but my low scores only made me excited to start the program, because it is obviously going to ask for a lot and therefore change you a lot :)

dont worry about your scores, just try your best and in two weeks when you do it again you should do better :smile:
  • hi3cho
    hi3cho Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Also from what I have read you need to make sure you take in enough calories when doing insanity I have heard that you may not lose weight if you dont eat enough. I however think the reccommended calories by the insanity diet plan are high. I am supposed to take in 3300 cals to LOSE weight, I am also not huge 6'0" 193lbs, 27 years old. I have been trying to net around 2000 which is about what myfitnesspal recommends.