Quick! How much does the tooth fairy pay

Options
124»

Replies

• tippietoes
    Options
    i plan to give 5 for first tooth and 1 for everyother and i have to give more to her for her "princess tooth" cause her dentist told her its special lmao (its a silver cap)

That's super cute!
  • VanishaDawn
    Options
    I always got a dollar per tooth, but just to make it interesting, try a gold dollar coin and a cute note from the tooth fairy...Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • lucky2too
    lucky2too Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    When I was little I found a dime under my pillow....inflation, inflation,inflation.
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    $5.00 the first tooth, all in $1.00
    $1.00 each tooth after that.
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I think she pays more for the bigger ones. They're much better for building her house.

Jesus, If I would have heard that the tooth fairy builds her house with the teeth I would have NEVER told my parents I lost any!! SCARY!!

My kids wrote letters to the tooth fairy which I had to reply to in very small pink hand writing. The book that gave them the idea that such a correspondence was possible ought to have been banned by parents. Anyway, they quite liked the idea of their teeth being used as furnishings in the Fairy Queen's palace.

We started at 20p but it went up to £1 (fairy inflation) - by the time they told me everyone else was getting £2 they were a bit old and so their fairy retired.
  • charmedlife78
    Options
    I bet the girl at the daycare got 5 dollars cause it was all the change her mom had on her. The last tooth my son lost put me or the *toothfairy* back 5 dollars. i had no change! i do usually give a dollar per tooth.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    holy *kitten* I feel like a cheep *kitten*... I only give mine a dollar.
  • 57scoutmaster
    Options
    one dollar gold coins
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    holy *kitten* I feel like a cheep *kitten*... I only give mine a dollar.

I only got 50 cents back in my day...
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    $2.00 Gross
    - $0.66 Income Tax
    - $0.20 Delivery Fee
    - $0.03 Bio-hazard Disposal Fee
    $1.11

True story, I forgot about my daughter's tooth one night so she was concerned the next morning.

Kid: The tooth fairy didn't visit last night.
    Me: It's my fault, I'm the tooth fairy.
    Kid: *pause* Do you...?
    Me: *knowing what she was going to ask* No, I don't dress up.
  • ccarre81
    ccarre81 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Your biggest coin... in my part of the world that would be $2.
    I don't think the tooth fairy carries paper money.

This!

I agree that $5 dollars is steep.
  • christinerush
    Options
    MattysWoman, love the way your mum thinks! I give my grandkids au$2. I think the price has skyrocketed since my kids were little! Must be inflation, lol!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    This is your FIRST installment- consider the average child has 20 to loose- and any subsequent children also have 20 each....
    and your NEXT installment will be coming soon...

So, the question is: How much do YOU want to CONTINUE to pay out?
    You pay out big bucks$ and you *might* tempt them to loosen them if they need some *quick cash* (seriously, I KNOW someone who did this):laugh:

My suggestion: Keep it *FUN*- a SPECIAL type of coin- like a silver dollar, ect

On a side note: The Tooth Fairy fairy tale is the FIRST one to go from a kid's fantasy world- just because NO parent pays the same- they catch on quick when they find out from their friends how much *they* got for theirs.
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Good night! I got a quarter when I lost teeth. My kids get funny money. I give them odd coins- 50 cent pieces, dollar coins, whatever funky coin is sitting around that they normally don't get to see. They love it. Our tooth fairy doesn't believe in inflation. lol
    Love this!:happy:
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Good night! I got a quarter when I lost teeth. My kids get funny money. I give them odd coins- 50 cent pieces, dollar coins, whatever funky coin is sitting around that they normally don't get to see. They love it. Our tooth fairy doesn't believe in inflation. lol

Sounds like a good attitude! The fun was always that she never woke me up (how?!) and the tooth magically transformed into something else. Our society has too much emphasis on dollar value and not enough emphasis on the magic and tradition and all that good stuff. :smile: