Non Sugar Breakfast Ideas

Okay, so I have to admit, I have only been here ten days and I am feeling much better. Bending down and tieing my boots (and they have zippers) ain't a chore anymore. But I am having one problem that I need help with, I call it old habits, but I am looking for breakfast ideas that don't have the sugar content.
It is usual for me to grab the cereal and skim milk, but the cereals that I eat are high in sugar, so I am new to this, and I am wondering what are some low sugar, healthy breakfast meals?
Thank you all for the posts, subjects arnd responses, It has kept me here, looking and learning and actually supporting others and their endeavors...

Regards to all,
BC

Replies

• nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Oatmeal with either nuts, fruit or peanut butter! :)
    Also egg white omelets with veggies

Those are my 2 'go to' brekkies

Otherwise maybs a yummy protein shake? So many recipes out there
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Hmm what about changin the type of cereal you eat? Or you could try eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, toast with pb. These are what I alternate for my breakfasts. I just got come multi grain cheerios. I eat soy yogurt or coconut yogurt with granola or oats. And I love eggs!! Sometimes I make one of those thin cut steaks with them. Thats more of my weekend breakfast though. And plain oatmeal with cinnamon sprinkled in or pb2 in it. I hope you find a combo that works for you. Good luck on your journey :drinker:
  • blueham5
    blueham5 Posts: 67 Member
    Peanut butter toast, savory oatmeal or an avacado, capsicum, cashew and egg salad. Gah, now I feel hungry.
  • LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Toast spread with a Wholly Guacamole 100 calorie pack, topped with hard-boiled egg slices

Mini bagel with ham, cheese, egg/egg white

Hard-boiled egg whites, filled with hummus or guacamole

Deli meat wrapped around carrot stick, string cheese, or pepper strip

I also like to mix any cold cereal with puffed wheat cereal. It's low-cal, low sugar, and super cheap.

P.S. Your dog is adorable. :)
  • My favorite half a bagel with almond butter, cottage cheese, and a slice of apple. yummy. :tongue:
  • kkjjll
    kkjjll Posts: 31
    dont' have alot of time to worry about breakfast, so here is what we do, 1/4 cup oatmeal, big tbsp ground flax seed, big tbsp gound nuts/seeds (i mix it up) water, microwave, then 1 tbsp of pure maple syrup, now that is one of the healthiest breakfasts you will find... take one day at a time and be blessed... karen :)
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    My go to is always protein for breakfast, either a protein shake (Premier Nutrition is the best) or egg white omelet with peppers/onions and salsa.

Bob's Red Mill has a bunch of really healthy whole grain cereals. They are available at a lot of my local stores so I would imagine they would be at yours. Check the "health food" aisles. If you can't find them there they are available on Amazon or http://www.bobsredmill.com/.
  • Porcelain1981
    Porcelain1981 Posts: 51 Member
    I'm a porridge (oatmeal) girl too, but if you want to keep some sweetness try one of the following:
    - add a sliced banana (preferably one that's just developed spots) before nuking it
    - add blueberries before nuking
    - add 1/2 tsp of honey (I use manuka) after nuking

I'm not great with dairy either, so I use soya milk or oatley (oat based drink) instead.
  • smarinowilson
    smarinowilson Posts: 18 Member
    There's a website called skinnytaste.com a lot go easy and great receipe.Cereal is a quick choice when your in a hurry.Just opt for healthy ones.Kellogg and fiber one make great healthy cereal
  • I like fat free greek yoghurt or fat free fromage frais with fruit (usually a banana or halved grapes or pineapple) - yum!

Good luck!
  • I like the eggs in a mug ideas from "Hungry Girl.com" quick and easy to cook in the microwave.
  • miss_lizz
    miss_lizz Posts: 49 Member
    I suggest looking into stevia drops, i think mine is by nunaturals? Gatta check but it added sweetness to where u would normally want sugar, without adding sugar! i add it to my pancake mix( healthy mix such as whole wheat flour or spelt flour etc ) or if u want oatmeal u can put it in the, or add some banana..bananas have sugar in them but not sugar like splenda! lol
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    I have been eating meat muffins with 2 hard boiled eggs...

http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2012/02/14/vday-gift-for-you-meat-spinach-muffins/
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308 Member
    saute some spinach, add eggs, flip, add a LITTLE bit of cheese, fold it over - Quick Veggie Omelet, about 225 calories (made with 2 eggs).
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    It usually takes just a few minutes in the AM to cook an egg or two with cooking spray, add a piece of cheese, tbls. real baking bits and put it in a tortilla wrap. Yummy!:bigsmile:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Seriously? You've never heard of eggs and bacon? Fish? Veg?
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Low sugar cereal that I swear tastes just like "Cap'n Crunch":

Fiber One, Honey Squares Cereal
    (3/4 cup = 80 Calories, 3g Sugar, 10g Fiber)

And try switching your skim milk to "Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk". They taste the same to me. (8oz = 35 calories, 0g Sugar)
  • I love steel cut oats over a sliced banana. You can get instant steel cut oats, otherwise they take 30 minutes to cook! The only sugar is whatever is in the banana naturally. And very heart-healthy, too.
  • I like veggies for breakfast sometimes

I stir fry a batch for the week then have them at dinner oro for breakfast with a protein (Chicken at night, eggs in the a.m. but you could do a meat (lean ham for example) or with either meal, soy)
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Thanks to all for the replies... If I can't find something in here, I have a lost cause. I appreciate all who gave their ideas. I am just starting this journey and needed some good alternatives.
    BC