Help me eat my calories

Hi I'm looking for some advice on what I can do on Monday's and wednesdays as I seem to have too many calories left over as these are the two days that I do an hours Zumba class in the evenings. I have completed my diary but still seem to have loads of calories left I honestly don't know what else I can do or eat please help

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Get a handful of nuts, have a protein shake, a protein bar, maybe some avocado or start cooking in olive oil.
  • Natley
    Natley Posts: 58 Member
    u dont have to eat all ur zumba calories...
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    I have to use meal replacement shakes and bars- these are different than protein shakes/bars. Look for something with 300 cals and extra nutrients like vitamin c, calcium etc.

It gets easier to eat the cals- I'm now up to eating more food and less shakes/bars. :)
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    I'd eat a bit more at breakfast, as you are pretty low in calories for that meal. Add some nuts, peanut butter, an egg or two. You have the room!
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    are you hungry? I say if your still over 1100 calories and aren't really hungry don't worry about it. Otherwise, grab a light snack. Nuts, fresh fruit maybe some veggies:)
  • l2rell
    l2rell Posts: 88
    are you hungry? I say if your still over 1100 calories and aren't really hungry don't worry about it. Otherwise, grab a light snack. Nuts, fresh fruit maybe some veggies:)

Well I've just eaten lunch so I'm fine for now will be having dinner around 6 then I go Zumba at 7.45 I guess if I'm hungry when I come back around 9 I could have a snack but what your saying is don't worry too much??
    Thanks Hun x
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Just listen to your body. If you're really hungry then eat. If recovery from your Zumba class is slow, then eat. If your muscles are sore for days afterwards, then eat more. If not don't worry, all is well.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Eat more at breakfast- whole grain toast with butter is a staple of mine. Add an egg or two in there if you like!

Cook in healthy oil (olive oil, walnut oil, whatever your favorite is)

Add in more calorie dense foods: avocado, bananas, nuts, nut butters, etc.

Add flax seed to your foods- great for you and bumps up the calories
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Was it your first Zumba class? Well done!

I agree that you don't have to eat the earned calories..... but peanut butter on mini oatcakes are delicious and nutritious! Om nom nom nom..... :wink:
  • AshleyWells86
    AshleyWells86 Posts: 11 Member
    Im the same when I did zumba I still had 1000 cal I could have eaten, but it was 9pm by the time I got home, and i didnt feel to hungry during the day. I did pig out the next day though lol
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Either eat more all day before the zumba class, or log them and use them on the following day instead. I'm always more hungry the day after a big calorie burn than the day of a big calorie burn, especially if I exercise later in the day.
  • Either eat more all day before the zumba class, or log them and use them on the following day instead. I'm always more hungry the day after a big calorie burn than the day of a big calorie burn, especially if I exercise later in the day.

I agree!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Eat anything!
    Have a bowl of cereal before bed!

The human body works in 24hour cycles so eat the calories!

BTW 1200 cals is too little if you are 5'3" or taller.

Shoot for 1600-1800 then create a deficit.

That way if you miss a workout you wont be below BMR.
  • l2rell
    l2rell Posts: 88
    ty for your advice no its not my first zumba class its for 4th week I do 2 classes a week of zumba
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    After a workout.. have a protein shake 1 scoop protein powder, 2 tbsp greek yogurt and 1 cup frozen fruit, with some water. I add glutamine powder to mine for muscle repair.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    add an avacado, cook with olive oil, peanuts, :flowerforyou:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    u dont have to eat all ur zumba calories...

You do have to in order to meet your daily caloric deficit goal to lose your weekly amount of weight/week.