Zumba for the Wii

Options
Has anyone done zumba on their Wii instead of the actual classes? I cant make it to the classes at my gym so I was thinking about buying it for the wii... Is it just as a good workout than if you were going to a class. I dont really like to exercise in front of people anyway :) Please let me know your opinions on it, deciding whether it would be worth buying or not. Thanks
How much weight have you lost doing zumba?

Replies

• RDalton84
    Options
    I love my Zumba for the Wii and it is a fantastic workout. I have recently started going to classes and I will say the classes are a lot of fun because there is so much energy in the room but I feel like i get just as good of a work out with my wii.
  • mrstweedle1
    mrstweedle1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump! I would love to know if this is worth the price. I love going to the classes!

17586593.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • thershey
    thershey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I bought it for the wii and returned it with in a week, this is only 1 persons opinion. I take a class 1 day a week and I would much rather go to the class then do it at home on the wii. It comes with a belt for your waist and if you do not move correctly it does not calculate properly. I like the classes because even if you can not do all the moves exactly you can still be moving and burn some calories. I was skeptical about going to the classes in front of people myself but after the first class and seeing that everyone is in the same position I am and their is maybe 1 person in the class that can move as well as the instructor, I felt comfortable. If you can find a place to rent it or borrow from a friend I would recommend that before making the purchase. It is kind of pricey!!!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You are still burning calories even if the game doesn't give you a point. As long as you are moving you are burning calories. The belt and the controller are the game side of it. As you move it will give you points and you complete levels. It opens up harder levels of the game, different backgrounds and that stuff but it is still a great workout even if you don't earn the point. You just have to move and have fun with it. As you get better you will earn the points and open up the levels/backgrounds but it is definitely a great calorie burn. I have done both the game and the class with a HRM and I get a close calorie burn. I save 20 minutes travelling to ad from the gym which means I can do another DVD in that time. I think it is totally worth it.
  • Keisha2BFitAgain
    Keisha2BFitAgain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love my zumba on wii. Like you I do not have time to go to the classes, so at home works. Personally I think you get out as much as you put in. I do it 5 days a week for 20 min in the am then kids and I are out the house by 6 am. On weekends I do 45min a day. It is a good idea to check it out first if possible. Also you could see if they have any dances on youtube and try those. :)
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i too go to a class and love it! i've never tried the wii game but i am considering it. in the mean time i've discovered that my cable tv provider has a fitness and wellness on demand catagory. I ve been doing the latin dance 30 minute workout and i am loving it. chances are, i won't be buying the wii zumba game yet...
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've had Zumba 2 for a week now and I love it.
    Amazing workout and so much fun.
    I am still trying to learn the routine, so I do a 20 minute low intensity routine and burn 264 calories during the session.
    The first few times I did it, my abs felt like I had done 100 crunches.
    I feel it everywhere during and after.
    Wish I would've bought this alot sooner.
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I've had Zumba 2 for a week now and I love it.
    Amazing workout and so much fun.
    I am still trying to learn the routine, so I do a 20 minute low intensity routine and burn 264 calories during the session.
    The first few times I did it, my abs felt like I had done 100 crunches.
    I feel it everywhere during and after.
    Wish I would've bought this alot sooner.

I wish I felt the same as you :sad: I've tried it and don't feel like I'm doing any workout at all. I've heard so many great things about it. I want to incorporate it into my routine but I'm frustrated.